Beauty of Lena

The Best Day (Taylor's Version)

Heather's POV:

I hadn't talked to my family for about a week specifically my mom. Truth I really missed her.

On a hot Saturday morning in late July I woke up to a call from my mom, I was hesitant but answered tiredly, she had been trying to call me all week

"Yes Mom". I yawned.

"Oh sorry to wake you sweetie. Thank you for finally answering my calls. I just wanted to know if you were free tonight". She asked.

"Yeah why?". I whispered trying not to wake Alejandro.

"Perfect I have this really nice place to show you". She said enthusiastically.

"Sure but if Damien or anyone else is coming I'm not". I retorted.

"Oh no this is just for you and I". She laughed.

"Okay well by mom". I hung up.

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling wondering where my mom would take me to. At this moment in time I didn't feel like going to the mall or anything like that.

My mom has always been my best friend as I have said even know it may not look like it to some, her and I have been inseparable, I don't know why. But starting high school and during Total Drama her and I had a strained relationship, at sometimes I felt like she cared less. Her and I's relationship got a little better but it wasn't as good as it used to be.

I laid facing my night stand trying to go to sleep, but I saw something that caught my eye. It was a box and a note. The note read.

Dear Heather,

I have never been that good with talking, but I can write. So Heather I wanna give you this note to say you are very special to me and your father, you may not think it sometimes but no matter your attitude you will always be our Lena. Please wear the dress in the box tonight.

Love Momsie.

I rushed out of bed and to the living room to open the box. What I found in the box was a beautiful light blue dress.

 What I found in the box was a beautiful light blue dress

I was in awe of how beautiful the dress was. I always knew my mom was a symbolic person so this dress had to mean something.

Alejandro walked in the living room as I panicked and hid the dress.

"Mi amor". He frowned.

"Nothing, now just leave me alone". I shot back, Alejandro went wide eyed.

"Heather, what's wrong". He raised an eyebrow.

"My gosh Alejandro nothing is wrong I can be in a bad mood okay". I yelled.

"Okay mi amor but I'm here if you need me". He left.