You Belong

No One's POV:

Christmas was never fun anymore for Cartia Burromuerto. She woke up on every holiday like this. Since her brothers weren't here Christmas just wasn't the same anymore. Sure she loved her parents, but adults don't have that Christmas spark in them anymore.

"Feliz Navidad mi Princesa, Santa came". Her dad dressed in a grey suit with a emerald green vest under his jacket and over his black tie went and kissed her head.

"Hola papa". She gave him a side hug.

"Now when did you start being so grownup that giving your papa a kiss was embarrassing". Her dad laughed.

"I'm just not in the mood". Cartia walked back upstairs leaving her dad to just sigh.

"What has gotten into her?". Cartia heard her dad say to her mom.

Cartia rolled her eyes and walked into her room grabbing her necklace from her desk.

"Icefire". She whispered when suddenly the necklace shined revealing a tiny red bug looking thing that wore a dress and flew up to Cartia's eye level.

"At your service". Icefire giggled.

Icefire was the power source of what made Cartia a crime ninja, and being a crime ninja wasn't an easy job.

For years and years they have been passed through generations and now it was Cartia's turn. She couldn't tell anyone who she was, the only ones who knew were her family and friends because they were also crime ninjas.

"Cartia?". Maria came into her daughter's room.

"Yes Mama?" She quickly put Icefire away.

"What's the matter?". Maria sat on Cartia's bed waving her hands signaling her to come over.

Cartia walked over to her mom. "Hija, I understand your sad".

"Mama you really don't". Cartia sighed.

"Honey, I know Christmas isn't as fun as it was when your brothers were here in the morning". Maria rubbed her back.

Cartia just let out a sigh. Maria seeing her daughter needed some time she left the room.

Cartia looked at a picture with her and her brothers. "Why am I the black sheep of the family".

"What do ya mean". She heard a voice coming from her balcony. It was a boy the same age as her with black hair and blue eyes along with a light skinned complexion.

"Nothing Steven". She replied to the boy.

Steven Sentementes, the local kid who was in trouble most of the time. His dad was getting help for his anger issues and wasn't around much so it was mostly him, his mom, and his little sister.

Steven came and sat down next to Cartia. "I hate seeing you sad". Steven wiped a stray tear from her cheek.

Cartia stared at the picture. "I'm not sad, just I feel like I don't belong here, I mean I only lived in Spain for 3 weeks, the first 3 weeks of my life that is, and On top of that I'm always being compared to my brothers because there all successful, I just don't feel like I belong".

Steven smiled. "But you do belong".

Cartia smiled even though she was still confused she knew he was right. She did belong.

Song:When You're Home by In the Heights