Baby Announcement

Alejandro's POV:

I have been giddy the past few days, not only was I going to marry the love of my life, I was going to be a papa in 9 months.

The only people who knew we were pregnant were us and Heather's sister Annie. Heather was very adamant of not telling her parents and family until further on, since her parents gossiped at the country club way too much. However, she said we can tell my parents and immediate family if we wanted and so my parents invited me and my brothers over for dinner tonight, and we were going to tell them.

I stepped out of the shower and dried my hair with my towel before throwing it around my waist.

I looked over at our bedroom where I heard Heather throwing up in our trashcan.

I rushed to her and held her hair up. Once she was done, she wiped her mouth. "I'm gonna go shower" she got up and stretched. I then heard my phone ring and went to grab it, not looking at who it was. "Who's this?"

"Oh Al is that a way to greet your eldest hermano" I shivered at the name, even after apologizing and toning the teasing down José was still the worst.

"What do you want?" I sneered.

"Why did you tell everyone you were proposing to your unattractive girlfriend except me?"

"Because I have no right to tell you anything and besides you would have told everyone you knew and frankly I didn't want to, now leave me and my beautiful fiancé alone and I will see you tonight". I hung up and went to lay on our bed.

At around 4pm we went to my parents house and I was purposely late so I could have time before talking to José. We brought 2 bags for my parents which were both filled with baby clothes. I could tell Heather was nervous as she was shaking.

"Hey it's okay, they won't be mad, especially mi mama, she loves babies and besides she will be extra excited when she knows she will have 2 new grandchildren in 9 months" I said trying to comfort her with the fact Carlos's wife Vanessa called us all to say she was pregnant as she said she was to tired or do some over the top announcement.

"I know I'm just scared" she said as I squeezed her hand.

We went up to my parents door and I rang the door bell and my mom opened the door. "Oh you're here!" She hugged us.

"Come in, dinner is almost ready" she led us inside.

I set our stuff down as we walked in. "Make yourself comfortable, your brothers are downstairs with your father" she told me.

"I think I will be fine up here" I said very much wanting to avoid José.

I looked at my sisters in law who were staring at me. "What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing" Vanessa said before two 3 year olds ran in. "tío handro" the two said in unison as they wrapped their hands around legs. They couldn't say my full name yet but at least it wasn't Al.

"Mis sobrinos" I picked them up. One in each arm.

Aiden grabbed my necklace as Clementine pulled my hair. "tío Handro, did you bring presents?" Clementine asked.

"Clementine, not everyone brings presents" Vanessa pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Oh mi neita, Abuela has a present for you two" my mother took the twins from my arms.

"I want presents too" A 6 year old ran in dragging her 3 year old brother with her.

"Rachel what do we say?" Rosa said.

"Please" she looked at my mother.

"Don't think I forgot about you too" my mother laughed and led them to the closet where she kept her important things.

I looked at Heather as she was looking down. I looked at Vanessa you sipped her water suspiciously as Rosa looked suspicious. "I'm not stupid you know, you're pregnant aren't you?" She looked at Heather.

"No I'm I mean-ugh yes" she sighed.

I was going to add something until my mother came back in to check on the food and call that dinner was ready.

We all sat the dining room table and the kids with exception of my sister sat at the smaller table in the corner.

"Mijo, you're very quiet" my mother pointed her fork at me.

"Oh um I'm fine" I said before taking another bite of my great great grandmother's pasta recipe.

"Oh really" José smirked from across the table.

"Just mind your business José" I glared.

"If you two are going to act like children go sit with actual children" my father pointed at the kids table where all except Caleb were loud and playing with there food.

"Alejandro what's the matter?" My mother asked again.

I looked at Heather and then back at my mother. "We have something to tell you all after dinner"

"Is everything alright?" Carlos asked.

"Yes" I replied.

After dinner my mother served the 4 little children some dessert in the other room so we had the dining room to ourselves.

I handed the 2 bags to my parents. "Open them" I said and sat next to Heather.

My brothers and sister along with my sisters in law sat around the table as my parents opened the bags of baby items.

They were confused at first but when I saw my mom's eyes go wide she looked at Heather. "You're pregnant!?" She said.

"Yeah" Heather said shyly.

My mother went across the table and hugged her and Heather was confused mainly because her parents had never really given her much affection. She hugged back and cried a little. "Oh sweetie, don't cry, we're not mad, we're are so happy that you you and this baby will be apart of our family".

"So I was right Al did knock her up" José smirked.

His wife looked at him. "You knocked me up when we were 16" she slapped him.

"We were caught up in the moment" José shrugged as Rosa slapped him again this time in the face.

My father realized shortly after my mother but he was never an over dramatic reactor to things so he just went up and hugged me. "Congratulations mi hijo".

After congratulations were given some admired Heather's ring. I stared at my sister who looked neutral this entire time. "Cartia, what do you think?" I asked.

"I am happy but you 3 will most likely be the only one's who give mama and papa grandchildren because I'm never having kids" she said. However this sentence would become ironic because Cartia had 3 kids by the age of 22 and is ironically very happy.

After we left my parents house Heather was happy and smiling and when we got home our dog Paris and Heather's cat Bruiser greeted us(yeah I low key forget they have pets but this is not related to the plot but since I have a really hard time with animal deaths, all animals live forever in this universe).

We got ready for bed and cuddled for a while before I kissed Heather's hair. "I love you Heather and I am so happy I met you"

Heather looked up at me. "I love you too, who knows where I'd be if I hadn't met you" she smiled.

After she fell asleep I looked at a picture on my nightstand of little me with my brothers and my parents at the beach. I remember that day José had just embarrassed me by pulling my swim trunks down in the middle of the beach, that was the day I started wearing speedos.

However, the picture also reminded me that I didn't need to worry or spend my entire soul being worried about José. I had a new family to put my energy into.

I looked over at Heather and smiled before whispering.

"I love you mi amor"