Chapter Six - Thanked

[Y/n] - Your name
[F/c] - favorite color
[E/c]- eye color (if you have two different colored eyes, go for it!)
[H/c] - hair color (if you have a certain type of hair in mind, use it!)
[H/l] - hair length
[Y/h] - your height (use whatever height you want!)
[F/f] - favorite flower
More will be added later!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranboo's pov
[Y/n] fell asleep after being patched up. I've been taken care of as well. Philza helped heal me, of course. We're sitting down at my table eating dinner.

"Didn't you say she was like your granddaughter? You're really young for a grandfather." I spoke quietly.

He looks over to her and chuckles at my comment, "yeah well, Wilbur took her and Tubbo in when they were really young, about 9 and 10. She's the younger one."

"She was adopted? What happened?" I asked curiously.

He thinks about it for a second. He sighs and looks at her meaningfully, his giant black wings drooping down a bit. "Their parents were killed in a house fire. A man by the name of Ssabmud (get it? Spell it backwards this is the closest I will get to cursing fully 😂) started the fire because he just didn't agree with their dad. He was an abusive man to his wife. But he loved his son, Sapnap. He died though. Of reasons I cannot reveal to you just yet."

"Oh my go— That's terrible! I don't even know what to say..." I admit. I look at her with pity. Though she doesn't seem like the type to enjoy others pitying her.

"It's a lot to take in, I know. As she grew up, I trained her in the art of combat and potion making. I was her mentor, adoptive grandfather. She became the head guard of L'Manburg. Wilbur was Tubbo's mentor. He trained him in combat and politics. Wilbur loved them both, just as much as he loved his son Fundy. He loved them all uniquely."

"What happened to Wilbur? Isn't he... dead?"

"Yes, he is. But that's a story for another time."

I nod in response. I look back at her. I can feel Philza's eyes staring in my direction. "Ranboo."

I look back up at him. "Hm?"

"I need you to look after her. I need you to take care of her until she can get back up on her feet. Literally. As you might now think, the wound was deep. I'm genuinely shocked at how she survived a blow like that. It's too dangerous to transport her to my house or the guard tower. So she needs to stay here for now."

"What? I mean I would be more than willing to, but I have no room! My house is barely big enough for me and Jjjjjjjjeffery. Where am I going to put her?"

"I'll expand your house and construct an extra room tonight if that's alright with you. I'll bring her bed in there and I'll give her a couple chests."

"Are you sure? You barely even know me."

"For as long as I have known you, I trust you. You saved her life. I can't thank you enough for that. Building and providing comfort is all I can give in return for your favor, but I'm afraid I'd still be in your debt."

"Phil you being a friend to me and healing me is enough. You don't owe me anything. Let's just have the house expanded and call it square."

"And that is why I trust you. You're generous and you're welcoming. You're fair. I am forever in your debt."

"Nah, Don't worry about it! What do I have to do to take care of her?"

He smiles. "Dress her wound every morning with the healing potion until it looks healthy. Come get me when it looks healed. Have her help you dress your injuries as well. Ill make you a list of things she can and can't eat and I'll give you a chair so she can sit outside on your balcony when it gets stuffy. Have her go out ever afternoon."

"Got it. Let me write it down." I grab my memory book and write down everything that happened today.

We finish eating and get started building.

~Small Time Skip~

[Y/n] slept through the entire building process. By the time dawn peaks over the horizon, Philza and I complete the room. It her [f/c] bed and a [f/c] rug, two large chests, an ender chest, an item frame, a night stand (it's just your favorite wood log facing up) with a [f/f] in a flower pot.

We successfully transported her to her bed and she relaxes even more. I wonder why personal beds do that.

"Thank you Ranboo. For saving her life, welcoming her into you house, taking care of her when I can't be there, just everything." Says Philza, tears brim his eyes. He must truly love her like a granddaughter.

"It's really no problem, Phil. All I want to do is help people. Even if it means sacrificing my own skin to save a girl from drowning." I smile at him warmly.

"You're a good young man. Stay that way. I'll be off then. If anything goes wrong, you let me know, you hear? Don't tell Tubbo about this. I'll do it myself. I'm the only parental authority in his life that he looks up to now. Keep me updated."

"I promise to take good care of her. (Foreshadowingggg??? Maybe??) Don't worry, she's safe with me."

"I know." And with that, I walk him to the door and we say our goodbyes. I close the door. Walking towards the kitchen, I walk passed [Y/n]'s door. I hear something so I open it a crack. I here her say something in her sleep. "Tommy... Tubbo... Fundy..."

I frown. She really has dedicated her life to protect Tommy and be loyal to Tubbo as her brother and president. To L'Manburg. She has a lot of weight on her shoulders that I really hope to help her carry. I'm just worried that she'll be skeptical of me when she wakes up.

Suddenly, a light bulb lit up in my brain. I have an idea. I right it down in my memory book. "I'm going to make her some crutches." I say to myself. I check in on her to make sure she's ok, then I grab my axe, lock my door, and go chop down a tree.

I get home with a small stack of oak wood. Then with that, I eat breakfast and then I get started on her gift.

To Be Continued...