Chapter 1 - Nice Save. You weirdo.

"Hi my name is Sophia and I'm here for my orientation."

The girl at customer service doesn't even acknowledge my existence as she's rushing to scan all the customer's items. I can see that her line is the longest since this is the place for returns and refunds and complaints.

It's ok, I'll wait. I took a look around and I can tell that this place is going to be fun.

There are ten cash registers spread around and each and every single one of them is currently occupied.  People are running into each other, trying to speak louder than the next person for a chance to be noticed and get help. The cashiers are both girls and guys. Some look dead while others look so happy. Some look like they're in high school while others look like they've worked here all their life.

In one of the aisles, someone from grocery was cleaning what looked like puke, while another person was de-escalating a fight between two customers who were fighting over the last food processor.

"Hi, how can I help you." I heard someone say. "You look a little lost."

I turned around and there was this six foot something guy with a British accent. He has black curly hair, piercing blue eyes and probably the cutest dimples I may have ever seen. His freckles were unevenly spread but they still looked in place - I don't know if that even makes sense.

I may have looked a little flustered, because he had a weird look on his face.

"Are you okay ma'am? Do you need to sit down?" He asked, a little worried.

Act fast Sophie.

"Um....uh..."

Faster Sophia!

"Uh no no thank you. Wait I mean yes. I'm here for my graduation!" I say in a hurry.

Wow. If they fire me before I even make it upstairs, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Your.... your graduation?" He asked, squinting his eyes. "I don't think we offer those services here yet." He looked around, scratching his head.

"No sorry. Let me start over." Deep breathes you anxious potato salad. "Hi I'm Sophia Grace and I'm here for my orientation."

Nice save. You weirdo.

"Oh. Ok. Let me just get you the assistant manager and we'll go from there. Stay here." He said as he turned around. Two steps later he turned back to add "I'm Axel by the way. Axel Jones." He smiled, waved and accidentally bumped into an old lady.

I tried to stifle my laugh as he apologized to her. After he helped her get her groceries from the belt on to her cart, he turned back to me, "Hey new girl. You didn't see that."

"See what?" I asked back.

"Off to a good start." He replied as he went on to get the manager. I mean either get him or tell him to send me away. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As I waited for Axel to return, I started listening to the conversation going on at customer service.

"No. I have to return this today!" yelled the middle aged man.

"Sir, you don't have the receipt, it is open, and half molded. Under no circumstances can I return this broccoli bag." Said the girl, her name tag reads "Asma".

"This is how I bought it from this store last week. You were the one who sold it to me you liar." He yelled again.

Um rude.

The other customers were starting to get visibly annoyed, and some gave up and went to other open cash registers. Dude if this is how people are going to treat me, I'd rather not work here at all. I'm super non-confrontational and if given the chance, I would rather crawl in a hole and cry myself to sleep.