Chapter 24-It was a buffet and of course, Parker felt right at home.

It's been a week since I told Axel. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I also knew that I had to tell him.

Ugh, stupid conundrum.

He said he wouldn't tell anyone what I said yet, so I had no reason to stay at the hotel. We did, however, stay there for a few more days to pamper ourselves. During our last day there, Cooper came to visit since he was back from visiting his family. Poor dude lost his phone and had to get a new one. The day he came, we were having lunch. It was a grand, international buffet and of course, Parker felt right at home.

I got half a plate of fries and lasagna, and a small one of corn, pasta salad and lettuce with ranch dressing. Lara got a whole bunch of meats I couldn't even pronounce and French onion soup. Cooper's plate was filled to the brim that I couldn't even  differentiate salad from meat from pasta.

"I need to know what I missed! Not being able to text you guys was the worst thing ever. Come on, fill me in!" He said, as he stuffed twenty something cucumber slices into his overextended mouth.

And so we did. Lara told him about her perspective of the party, about meeting Marina, finally meeting Wesley and how she thinks they're soulmates. She told him that she's also going into her second semester of law school, which still baffled us both.

"Wait, so do I know this dude? Was he the one who was talking to you during the Christmas sale Sophia? The guy with the curls and freakishly white teeth?"

"Can y'all lay off him, please? He's actually very kind and extremely thoughtful." She said. Her death glare sent shivers down both our spines, and we both shut up in a second.

"Okay, fine. We'll stop. That means I turn to you Soph. You never told me anything about you and Axel. So I expect a full report, starting now." There was salad dressing slowly evaporating from his pores. Slow down my guy.

"Fine. It started kind of small. Little gestures here and there. And then slowly progressed to him being overly caring, then too overprotective. At first it bothered me a little because why me, you know? Then I realized that he made me feel safe, and heard, and cared. Two months later, I realized that his smile alone gave me butterflies, and hearing his voice gave me a sense of peace. Then when I got attacked, he came for me and that was when he confessed. He liked me since he first saw me last year when I was just a customer. I said something to him I guess and he waited until I worked here to tell me. It was cute at first, but now it's a little weird." I said, remembering the look on his face.

They looked at each other, then back to me.

"Why is it weird?" Asked Cooper, the dressing now stuck on one of his curls.

"Buckle up for this one buddy." Lara patted his back, and whistled.

"Well." I started, but how the hell do I tell him? "Do you remember what I told you about my parents dying?"

"Yeah. You said they were killed. Wait, are you saying Axel killed them? Ain't no damn way!"

"Can you be serious for once? Like are you capable of that?" Asked Lara. I love their cute little dynamic.

"No, Cooper. Turns out actually, that... his... was...his dad." I whispered out. Why did my heart feel uneasy?

He froze. His pupils turned into saucers, and his mouth dropped. Cooper, who never puts down his fork for anyone, put it down and wiped his mouth; his eyes still wide as all hell.

He put his hand up to his mouth, and just stared between me and Lara; clearly not comprehending this influx of information I dumped on him.

He opened his mouth a few times, but closed it.