Chapter 19-I didn't know people were allowed to be that tall.

"Sophia for the love of God, please stay still!" Said Lara, twisting my neck to an unholy angle yet again.

"Bro, you're just curling my hair, why do I have to be looking down like that? Ow." It felt like my nerves were hanging by a tiny, tiny thread that was about to be severed very soon.

"I'm sorry madam, you are not allowed to ever doubt the stylist. Now sit still." She abruptly turned my head around so fast I started seeing stars.

Ever since the incident with whoever took her, she brought all of her stuff and officially moved in to my old room and I moved back to what was once my parents' room. It felt like a punch to the gut, but this girl made it so bearable. She helped clean the place and she took their pictures from the storage closet and hung them up. They maybe dead, but their memory will live with me however long I live.

Thank God I remembered to empty out the things lying atop my room cieling. The single most important documents.

She abruptly spun me around, and I'm sure my brain thought it was put in a blender.

"Now for the make-up."

"No. What did..." she cut me off like I wasn't even talking.

"I'm thinking a little smoky eye with silver glitter, bright red lipstick, and a subtle pink blush. What do you say?"

"You're asking me like I have a choice." I replied, succumbing to my fate.

"You're right, you don't."

By the time she finished my entire face of make up, it was about 6.15pm. I looked into the mirror and I honestly couldn't recognize myself. For the first time in such a long time, I actually looked pretty. As I sat there admiring her handy work, she went into my walk in closet to choose an outfit for this occasion. She then swiftly ran to her room and get jewelry.

"You really don't have any dresses and mine are still being shipped in, so I chose the next best thing. This bedazzled, black mini-skirt with black leggings and platform heels, a white shirt with a cute little bow thing coming out the also bedazzled collar, and matching silver and black jewelry. A big silver choker with a blue gem in the middle, sparkling earrings, a bedazzled watch and a whole lot of rings. And finally, the best thing; the perfume; Run Wild"

To be honest, I didn't think it would work but once I got dressed, I couldn't believe my eyes. The hair, the makeup, the outfit, the perfume; everything was amazing.

"Wow. Thank you so much Lara. I look pretty." I said as I hugged her.

"Girl I told you, just leave it to me. Now, time to give Axel a heart attack." She said, pointing at the door.

Three seconds later, I saw his headlights pull up in my driveway. He texted me saying he was here. I hugged Lara, took my jacket and stood behind the door. I took a deep breath, reminded myself that this is Axel we were talking about and finally opened the door.

It all felt like it was a part of a movie because everything was in slow motion, and my brain played No Promises by Shayne Ward.

I don't wanna run away, baby, you're the one I need tonight.
No promises.
Baby, now I need to hold you tight, I just wanna die in your arms.

As I opened the door, Axel was on his phone, looking absolutely adorable like he always did. He wore black pants, a dark blue shirt, and a silver chain. As soon as he saw me, his eyes widened considerably, and he slowly put down his phone. He didn't say a word but his reaction said it all. His smile was twitching and he put his hand up to his mouth. I smiled and turned around, showing him Lara's pretty outfit. He walked towards me, his smile never faltering.