Chapter 26-Mkay, sister. Lie to us, as if we haven't met Axel a day in our life

I woke up just in time. My heart felt heavy, and my soul empty. But hey, at least the tears made my face clear and smooth. I got ready at 6.55 and by 7.15 I was on my way to work. It only takes me like 20 minutes to get there, but Nate wanted us in early for an important update, and he wouldn't say what it is.

I re-heated and re-packaged the food Lara made for me, made sure to block Nikilson, and was on my merry way. I was so bothered to the point where I didn't even want to turn on the radio. Imagine driving in silence, in the depressing LA traffic -- it ain't pretty bro.

I pulled in to the store parking lot, and sat there for a few seconds just collecting my thoughts. Today, I will not think about Axel at all -- other than now, duh -- and I will be strong because Lara needs a strong backbone, and Cooper needs someone to knock some sense into him once in a while. And Landon... well Landon is like that distant cousin we all love but can't control sometimes.

A knock on the window pulled me out of my abysmal state of self-pity.

It was Cooper and Landon. I rolled down the window, pretty happy to see them.

"Hey Soph." Said Landon, opening my door for me to get out. Being a.... gentleman?

"Hey Landon. How's it going? Still thinking of quitting?" I asked, turning off the car and getting off.

"Well, after Nate's announcement today, we are all going to want to quit." Said Cooper, his hood covering half his head, but his long hair was covering most of his forehead.

I froze.

"No... what's his announcement about?" I asked, already slumping my shoulders.

"Should we ruin the surprise Coop? " Asked Landon, stupid smirk decorating his pale, bony face.

"Nah, I want to see the shock and disgust on her face." Said Cooper, nudging my shoulder.

"You're late boys!" Yelled Nate as he zoomed past us, his bright, blue Chevy in full view.

"Oh, sorry, good morning Sophia Grace." He yelled back.

"Morning!"

We rushed behind him, and made our way to the staff lounge.

"Hey homegirl!" Said Natalie and Jessie simultaneously, engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Hey, hey! How's it going guys?" I replied, putting my coat in my locker, and hugging them back.

Jessie always has the most glamourous jewelry that she makes herself -- oh yeah, she's super talented. She's about 5'5, has black hair and ombre streaks, and is quite literally the cutest person alive. She's very kind and very hard working, and she aspires to be an interior designer one day.

On the other hand, Nat designs her own clothes, is currently studying fashion designing, and her designs have won countless competitions. I think she already has a job lined up somewhere once she graduates. So aside from being breathtakingly beautiful, she has the charm, talent, and charisma to go with it.

"Why do you look so sad, girl? Ain't nothing worth getting sad about, and I mean nothing." Said Jess.

"No Jess, I think it's more of a 'someone' situation, not something." Replied Nat, narrowing her eyes at me.

Miss girl...

"Ladies, ladies. I'm fine. I just slept a little late, that's all." I replied, reassuring them. Of course, when I say stuff like that, no one seems to believe me.

"Mkay, sister. Lie to us, as if we haven't met Axel a day in our life." Said Jess, nudging me as they went to sit on one of the couches.

"Since when do you have friends?" Asked Landon and Cooper simultaneously.