Chapter 4 - If you tell anyone, I'm denying your existence

"Ok so how does this crushing thing work?" I asked, putting down my bag.

"You really don't have to do this Soph."

"Too late. I already made up my mind buddy. Unless of course you don't want me here and would rather see me leave?"

"Hmmm. Now I'm stuck between wanting to be besties but also not wanting you to burden yourself." He said, feigning thought. "I guess I'm just gonna be selfish...." He trailed off.

Ok then. If that's how you want to play it.

"So that brings us back to how the heck does this crushing thing work?"

"It's simple actually. So you see, you take the cardboard, you flatten it out until it, well, it's flat. Then you stack them inside the machine, then you close the guard, hold this yellow button for three seconds, Wait until the light comes on then you turn the key right." The look on my face must've been a sight to see, because he stood there laughing.

"Um , I'm sorry can you repeat the stuff you said about the things? Yeah, that would be good."

"Don't worry I'll show you how."

And that's what we did for the next two and a half hours. Or what I thought was two and a half. It wasn't even supposed to take that long, but we kept joking and laughing so hard we took a few minutes to cool down. The second time we had to stop was when it was my time to do the cardboards. I might've singlehandedly ruined the machine. Every single time Axel goes to do something or talk to someone, I think I overstuff it with cardboards that it jammed over five times.

The sixth time it happened, we agreed that all I was going to do was keep him company.

When the laughing died down, it was quiet for a few minutes, but for whatever reason it never felt awkward. I was just standing here, passing him the cardboards that I flattened and he feeds them to the paper eater. It stayed like that for a while until he broke the silence.

"So whataya think?" He asked.

"Usually there'd be something extra attached to that statement." 

"Why don't we play 20 questions? Since you're already so good at this." He refers to my amazing cardboard breaking skills.

"Sure, but you start first." I definitely  need life hacking questions and for the life of me I can never come up with them.

"Ok sure. What was the most influential cartoon character for you growing up?"

Ok. That was fast. And a little too specific, but it didn't take me much time to answer.

"Kim Possible. Duh."

"Interesting. For me I guess it would have to be Mulan." He said so proudly.

I 'bout choked on my saliva.

"I'm sorry did you say Mulan? As in 'Mr. I'll make a man out of you' Mulan?"

"Yes." He laughed out. "Why is that so hard to believe."

"I don't know. Because, if anything, at least Li-Shang would be more your thing." I muffled a laugh.

"Okay miss judgey. You tell anyone that, I'm denying your existence. Next question. Let's make it quick here. Otherwise we'll spend the whole night with each other." He said, emphasizing the last two words.

Ew.

"And none of those 'what's your favorite thing' questions please. We want some real, deep life questions." He added.

"Ok. Ok fine."

Great, leave me to come up with the questions.