Chapter 9 - No One Asked You Blondie

The sat me on the sofa and I was too stunned to speak. Like a child, they threatened to take away my remote privileges and I'll have to stare at an empty screen if I ever decided to help them.

Cooper gathered all my large bowls and filled them with tortilla chips and some gluten free crap Lara made him buy - which I am going to force feed her if no one else eats. Lara was on drink duty, so she set up a huge array of drinks. Five 4-liters of different types of fizzy drinks. Why? Who drinks this much? I barely even finish my kid-size apple juice box. Maybe I should get Martin to regulate her drinking intake. The biggest surprise of it all was probably the fact that Landon was the one responsible for cooking - and the fancy kind too. Thirty minutes into his mysterious dish making, the aroma filled the air with smells I never knew existed. Garlic, basil, rosemary, and so many more flavors clashed as they mixed with the room's oxygen and got my stomach rumbling.

"Whatcha making there Landon." I yell over the sound of his music. Who still listens to Machine Gun Kelly?

Says the ancient ruin who listens to Backstreet Boys.

"You'll see little one."

"Just give me one hint. It actually smells amazing." I plead.

"Of course it smells amazing why else would they make me responsible for making the rotisserie chicken at the store? People come from far and wide just to buy them."

I mean, he's not wrong. Our store is known for its decent prices and their 'special' chicken. I wonder if he puts anything 'special' on it. Like whatever he's on right now. Who the hell salsa dances to rap?

"Cooper that's not how you clean things! Do you live in a dumpster or something? You know what. Don't answer that." Yelled Lara from my room.

On top of getting me food and preparing it, Lara and Cooper also helped clean a lot of this house. I went on my phone and when I looked up, a lot of things were back in their place and it smelled nice and clean.

I don't know what Axel told them, but I'm not exactly opposed to the company. I know that them being here puts them in danger, but I have a feeling that regardless of what I tell them; they ain't moving.  

I excused myself to take a shower and I didn't come back for another 20 minutes. I sat right back down to where I was and I don't think they even noticed I was gone.

"Ok children lunch is ready and I don't wanna hear a word about it. We will sit at the lunch table like a group of civilized creatures and that is the end of it!" Said Landon, I'm guessing trying to be a typical 50's mom.

"Where is that stupid speech coming from?" Cooper returned the cleaning gloves and detergents to their place under the sink and washed his hands.

"Lara! Get your ass in here right now young lady I will not have you disobey my orde.."

"Can you shut up Landon? Or else I'll swing this trash bag at you." Her forehead was glistening with sweat and her hair was all out of whack. She looked a little scary.

Oh wait, I didn't even notice the bright red orb glowing from her eyes.

Scratch that. She looked absolutely terrifying.

"I wouldn't argue with her if I were you. She was talking to herself a lot when she was cleaning the washroom and I'm afraid she might be a little possessed."

She shot Cooper a scary look and I saw him sink in his chair while reciting a protective prayer.

"I'm sorry young lady, you will not be sitting at this table looking like that. Please wash up and we will be waiting for you." He said, feigning a British accent now.