Chapter 21 -Do you want me to regurgitate it? Cuz I could, like a mama bird

"Sophia, we are going to be late. Come on!" Yelled Lara for the twentieth time this past half hour.

"In a minute!" I yelled out. This dress she gave me to borrow was a little to hard to get into, especially when my hair kept getting caught up in its fabric.

Her clothes finally came today when we were asleep, since we slept until 3 p.m. Man that shift really took a lot out of us. I thought I had it bad, Lara and Cooper had it a little worse. It was like they got transformed into the customers' private servant. One lady kept adding 'and another thing' after every single item Lara found for her. She didn't even want to pick up any of the items herself because, and I quote, 'her nails would get ruined'. Meanwhile, Cooper's customer was a very old lady who couldn't quite carry half the stuff she bought. So he was there, helping her get the items that were too high to reach, too heavy to pick up, and he also listened to all her stories about the war she fought and the family she raised. I think he was the only one of us with a wholesome story.

Anyways, back to the now; Saturday, December 25 @1932.

There were at least 35 different dresses for formal occasions. I don't know what type of life this girl lead, but holy smokes. I mean, I'm not complaining because I don't have any girly clothes, so this wasn't too bad. I spent over a half hour trying to figure out what to wear. Short dresses, long dresses, colorful dresses, matte colored ones, bright colors, dark colors and everything in between.

I finally settled on a floor length, off-shoulder, emerald green dress with silver block heels. The sleeves were green lace, with a hint of silver sparkles, and the tail had a beautiful floral design. Of course, Lara did my make-up otherwise I would've been the laughing stock of the party, and for my hair I decided to put it into a side bun with mini, silver flowers for décor. For the first time since she passed away, I went through my mom's jewelry and wore her emerald stone choker necklace and matching earrings and coupled that with a silver watch. Lara looked at it and said it was missing something, and gave me like five stone rings, and a cute silver bag. I put on my favorite perfume; STELLA by Stella McCartney. I decided not to look at myself until after I put on my heels, and once I did I stood in disbelief. I could not believe that people, let alone me, could look this regal. I don't know how long I stood there admiring myself, but Lara made sure to remind me

"Sophia Grace Powers, so help me God, I will..." She barged into my room without even knocking and stood speechless, her mouth wide open. She finally spoke after a good one and a half minutes.

"What the hell? Who said you were allowed to be this beautiful?" She asked, circling around me.

"Me? What about you? You look stunning!" I exclaimed, slowly taking in her own appearance.

She wore a floor length, off shoulder, high-lo red dress, that had silver sparkles all over. Her hair was straightened, and held back with the huge red bow. She wore red heels and several silver bracelets.

She stood next to me, looking at the mirror and demanded we take a billion pictures.

"If Nikolson doesn't ask you to marry him this evening, I will hurt him. But anyways, the driver has patiently been waiting for us for the past 10 minutes, so let's leave please."

"Okay, let's go." I took a final look in the mirror, turned off my lights and left.

I set up the alarm system and locked the house. The car they sent to get us was a matte black Range Rover; super expensive. The driver came out of his seat to open the door  for us.

"Pleasure to meet you mi ladies, I'm McGilligan and I will be your driver for the night. Mr. Nikilson made me promise to take good care of you." He said as we got in.