Chapter 6 - What squad? Since When Do We Have A Squad?

To: Axel Jones🥸
"Hey so uuuuuh change of plans😬😬😬😬 looks like we won't be alone tomorrow. The squad is coming too."

Delivered

I haven't seen him at work today, so I am guessing that he just called in sick which would make sense seeing we spoke until dawn last night.

Cooper came back with his hands on his stomach and his face quite literally devoid of life. He sat back on his chair and slammed his head against the table while we looked in horror.

"Are you sure you're ok there buddy?" Asked Landon, poking his back.

He groaned in response, taking his water bottle from his bag and opening the straw latch with so much difficulty that it made me feel bad seeing him struggle like that.

"Hey, hey let me help you with that." I say, leaning him back on his chair and holding the water bottle straw to his mouth.

"I thought you'd never ask." He replied, fake crying.

He took one sip and spat the entire thing just as fast as he threw up.

"Bro what the hell!" Yelled Landon just as the green drink made contact with his hair. His very clean, blond locks.

Wait. Green drink?

"Is this guy trying to kill me?" He cried out. "I just want water. Normal H2O. He can't give me a salad and blended kale what is the matter with him? Who does that?" His hands flailing around like one confused goose.

"Here, you can have my water." I said, reaching in for my water bottle, trying but miserably failing to stifle a laugh.

He grabbed the water from me and gulped the entire thing down, heaving like he ran two marathons.

"Sorry." He said, handing me back my empty bottle.

"Dude are you sure you're an athlete?" Asked Landon, trying to scrape the green goo from his hair, Lara to his aid.

"Do you want me to strangle you? Is that what this is?" He said so weakly.

"Uh no thanks. The spit milkshake of mold you just gave me is enough."

"So what do I do now? I'm hungry!" He exclaimed, a little below a yell, a little above a whisper.

"Here. You can have my leftovers from last night." I said without thinking. Don't ask me why, but I feel responsible for this little kid. I treat him like he's my brother and he gets on my nerves just like one too.

"Are you sure? I can just go downstairs and get me some ramen or something." He interjected.

"Nonsense. I'd rather you eat this little piece of heaven than the corner store, off-brand ramen." I smiled, already putting it in front of him.

He looked at me with a hint of tears in his eyes, and he smiled so weakly.

"You're going to go to heaven do you know that?"

"Too bad you won't be there to see her." Laughed Landon, Lara mimicking him.

Cooper gave him a death stare which he didn't even acknowledge.