Chapter 17-I knew you'd get sick, this ain't the notebook bro

I went to bed so ecstatic that I could barely sleep. My heart was beating so fast, and for the first time in forever, I felt truly happy. I started tossing and turning in bed, but I just couldn't sleep. I still had his hoodie on, so I managed to drowned in the best scent I ever knew. When 45 minutes passed and I still couldn't sleep, I took out my headphones and found a cute playlist and just let it go for an hour or two before I slowly started drifting away. The last part of a song I heard before I gave in to sleep echoed in my head, "Everything is alright, when you're right here by my side."

"Sophia Grace Powers wake up, for the love of God!" I heard Lara yell.

What is this? An FBI task force conducting a drug bust? My God!

"What? What? What? Why are you yelling? It's the early hours of the day Lara, let me sleep." It literally felt like I just closed my eyes, and it also felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I knew I'd get sick standing in the rain like that.

"Bro, no. It's like one thirty in the afternoon. Wake..." Her voice trailed off and she looked at me.

"What?" I opened my eyes finally. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Where'd you get that hoodie? You went to sleep in your unicorn jammies. It looks familiar too."

I tried getting up, but the world around me spun so fast that I came crashing down. Ow.

"Soph. What's wrong?"

I flung my arm over my head.

"I tried getting up, but it felt like the whole world was spinning. And my throat hurts, and it's a little hard to breathe."

"I knew you'd get sick. Like this ain't The Notebook bro, there was absolutely no reason for you to be standing under the rain for as long as you did." She said. She put her hand over my forehead and almost yelped. "You have a very high fever. We need to take you to a hospital ASAP."

"Absolutely not. I just need to rest it out. Chicken soup and some lemon and ginger. I really can't get out of bed."

"Okay. Fine. I'll run to the Corner Store and grab the ingredients and tell Nate that you can't make it today."

"Okay thank you." I felt so cold, and I thanked God that Axel gave me his hoodie. My heart was beating exceptionally fast, and I was getting so dizzy. I knew from previous experience that I would never stand up when I'm this dizzy. I tried closing my eyes, but everything hurt so much, and escalated too fast. I forced myself to lay still, and it somehow made it a little better.

One. Two. Three.

One. Two. Three.

A few deep breaths here and there managed to slow down my heart rate a little. It gave me enough energy to stack up my pillows so I can sit up, and breathe properly. My phone rang, and I weakly picked it up, my voice shaking in the process; it was Axel.

"Hello?"

"Sophia, what's wrong? Why do you sound like that?" He asked, worry evident in his voice.

"I don't know, I woke up like this. I can't breathe, and my heart is beating way too fast." It was becoming a chore just to answer his questions.

"Why don't you..." I cut him off because I already knew what he was going to say.

"I am not going to a doctor, man. I will self medicate. Lara just went out to get me soup and ginger." I was interrupted by a coughing fit.

"I'm sorry love, I feel like it's my fault for making you stand in the rain like that."

"No, it's okay. It was totally worth it."