Chapter 12 -Dr. Pepper is what I imagine the devil's favorite drink would be.

"Knock knock!"

I turned to my left and there was Axel coming in with a bag I knew too well.

You guessed it. The Love Shack.

"Hey!" I waved my hand this time because the last time I tried to sit up, I almost permanently damaged my spine.

"Waffles? Really Sophia? You slam the ever-living crap out of your head because of waffles?"

So Thing 1 and Thing 2 told him. Hmph

I knew I would never live it down.

"Whatever Nikolson. Let me be!" Oh God the embarrassment.

"I heard you haven't eaten yet, so... ummm... here you go."

Hey laid out the food for me on the patient eating table looking thing, and slid it over my bed, which he then lifted up. He pulled up the chair next to me and sat on it, a Dr. Pepper in his hand.

Sorry. A diet Dr. Pepper.

"Ew." I grimaced. "Dr. Pepper is what I imagine the devil's favorite drink would be."

He snorted and it came out his nose. Imagine having to smell that and taste it. Could never be me.

He excused himself to wash up, and I took a peak at what he got me.

Mushroom melt cheeseburger, fries, onion rings, Cesar salad, and a mini chicken taquitos.

"This smells nice, but you didn't have to bring me anything. I don't feel like eating and besides - hospital food would've done the trick."

"Oh yeah definitely. Dry mashed potatoes, two day old canned beans, that yummy, dressing-less broccoli that's cold for some reason and lets not forget the main appetizer- a side of seasonal depression. Yum. Works like a charm every time." 

We laughed but I hope that's not true because I'm still here for a whole other day and I don't intend on feasting on sad food - I'm already sad as it is. 

"Eat your food before it goes cold."

I hesitated but then my stomach made the most embarrassing sound a person can possibly imagine. He tried to hide his chuckle but miserably failed. 

He watched me eat for a few minutes before he started talking again.

Weird, I know. I couldn't say anything either because I was, in fact, starving. Stupid stomach and its stupid sounds.

"I know you're tired and your head probably hurts, but do you remember what happened? Because everything I heard so far made no sense. And I've heard it all from Landon and Cooper so even worse."

"Dude, it makes no sense to me either. I still don't understand how I got here, how my heart stopped working, or how...."

"Woah, woah, woah. Backtrack here a little bit. Did you say your heart stopped? How the hell does a head injury cause cardiac arrest?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. I'm still trying to figure out what Lara has been up to...."

"Why Lara?" It took a second, but then it hit him. "Oh! Wasn't she staying with you?"

Finally someone believes me. Little victory for Sophia.

"Yes she was! But get this. Cooper told me she texted him and told him she was flying to see her brother at around 3am...."