ten

When I woke up the next morning, Michael was gone. I had fallen asleep on the couch again. I looked up at the clock and groaned. It was only 7:30. I assumed that Michael must have left a few hours earlier.

I pulled the blanket over my head in an attempt to fall back sleep. After 20 minutes of wrestling to get comfortable, I gave up. I decided to just take a shower and get ready for the day.

After wasting an hour getting ready, I went to the kitchen to forage for food. I opened the cabinet door only to be met with a basically empty space. "Crap." I muttered. I was going to have to go shopping.

I grabbed my purse and slipped on my old converse. I had to walk to the grocery store because I didn't have a car yet. I was going to have to wait until my mom came over. Luckily the store was only about a 10 minute or so walk away.

I wandered the store looking for things that I thought I would need or things that I thought looked good.

When I got to the cereal aisle, I tried to reach box from the top shelf. It was a little too far out of my reach, so I tried jumping to see if I could get it.

"Here, let me help you." A thick Australian male voice said from beside me. He reached the box with ease and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I looked down at the ground blushing a little. I realized how stupid I must have looked in my attempts to reach the box.

"Anytime. I'm Ashton, by the way." The man spoke.

"Alyx." I looked up to see a contagious smile.

The man who I know knew as Ashton had a few tattoos but nothing compared to the amount that Michael had. He had longer curly hair with a bandana wrapped around his head and some pretty muscular arms. He was pretty hot, actually.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" Ashton asked interrupting my staring.

"Um yeah. I just moved here about a week ago." I answered shyly.

"Oh, okay. Well it was nice to meet you, Alyx. I'll see you around." Ashton gave a small wave and took off walking in the opposite direction that I had been planning on going.

As creepy as it sounds, I watched him walk away. I couldn't help myself though. I mean, I am a teenage girl. I tend to stare at cute boys. That was nothing out of the ordinary.

After he walked around the corner, I started back up on my mission to gather food. I grabbed a few other necessary items then hit the checkout. A few minutes later, I was on my way home.

-

I dumped the grocery bags onto the kitchen counter and started to put the items away when I heard a noise coming from upstairs. It was muffled and hard to identify.

I slowly walked up the stairs. As I came closer to where the noise was coming from, I stopped. It was coming from my room. Shit. I'm about to be murdered. I thought. I still was having a hard time identifying the noise, but it didn't seem to sound very threatening. The closer I got to the room, I realized it was music. A wave of relief brushed over me as I realized I had probably just forgotten to turn my music off after I had finished getting ready earlier.

When I opened my bedroom door, my feet stopped dead in their tracks.

Michael was sitting in the chair in the corner of my room singing and playing guitar. He stopped immediately after he realized that I had caught him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

"I came back to ask if you wanted to go out to breakfast, but you weren't here." He said blushing a little.

Suddenly I remembered where he was. He was in my room...inside my house...while I wasn't here.

"How'd you get in my house?"

"The door was unlocked." Michael said with an unapologetic tone.

"Shoot. I forgot to lock the dang door." I said under my breath even though it was already obvious that I hadn't done that.

Michael just sat in the corner and laughed. "It's still early and I'm starving. Do you wanna go get breakfast?"

I noticed a small rumble in my stomach. I, too, was starving. "Yeah, that'd be great." I nodded my head.

A/N

Okay so super boring chapter. Actually this story is pretty boring so far, but I'm hoping it gets better ? Anyways Ashton's here now! Yay! I'm hoping you're enjoying this so far!