twenty one

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I woke up to the sound of a knocking on my window. I turned to glance at the digital clock on my nightstand to see that it read midnight.

I internally groaned as the tapping persisted. Once I realized that it wasn't going to stop, I slowly peeled myself away from the shelter of my blankets and made my way towards the window.

Slowly I opened the window and peered down. I could just make out the fluorescent green hair of a certain Australian.

"Michael? What are you doing?" I asked. Not that I wasn't ecstatic to see him but I really wasn't expecting him to do something like this.

"I'm throwing rocks at your window at midnight." Michael answered with a cheeky smile.

"Clearly." I laughed and lightly shook my head.

"Come down, please." He demanded politely.

I silently debated in my head whether or not to go. If I got caught, my mother would kill me. But, then again, I was already angry at her, and she was angry at me too, so why not piss her off even more? Seems like perfect logic, right? Either way, I didn't care. I guess it was time to hit my rebellious stage.

"Okay. One second." I held up one finger to emphasize that I was coming down in a minute.

I quickly threw on a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans that had been lying on my floor. I wasn't sure if they were clean or not, but I honestly didn't give a fuck. As long as they didn't stink, all was good.

Carefully creeping down the stairs, I made my way to the back door. It was further away from my mother's room, so I had less of a chance of being discovered.

I slipped out the doorway into the black night. Michael was still standing underneath my window.

I ran up to him as fast as my legs would carry me and flung my arms around his neck. Michael wrapped his arms around my torso and lifted me up into the air. I clung to him for dear life, afraid that he would disappear at any second.

"Well, it's nice to see you too, love." Michael chuckled into my ear. His hot breath could be felt in my neck.

"I just missed you...a lot." I whispered as Michael set my feet back on solid ground.

"I missed you, too." Michael smiled and gently kissed my forehead. "Walk?" He asked. I nodded, and he reached for my hand. Our fingered tangled together and fit perfectly like a puzzle with one another.

After we were a considerable distance from my house, we decided it was safe to talk.

"I'm sorry for being so distant the last couple of days." Michael spoke. "I didn't want to get you into any more trouble. Please don't be mad at me."

The sincerity was evident in Michael's eyes. "It's okay, Michael. I understand. You were just trying to do what you thought was right." I smiled.

"Oh, thank God." Michael mumbled, engulfing my small body into his warm embrace. "I don't know what I would do if-"

I couldn't wait any longer. I stood up onto my tip toes and brought my lips to his. He instantly reacted and moved his slightly chapped lips in sync with mine. My hands wrapped instinctively around his neck as he grabbed my waist pulling me closer deepening the kiss. I tugged lightly at his hair, eliciting a small moan from his mouth.

Reluctantly, I broke our lips apart for air. Michael rested his forehead against mine, and his green eyes stared into my blue ones.

This was our first real kiss. Yeah, we had that one pretty heated make out session, but I didn't really count it. Michael was a different person then. That kiss had been full of lust while this one was passionate and loving. He was softer and more gentle this time. It was something I wanted to experience more often.

"Can I ask you something?" Michael questioned, pulling away slightly. I nodded as a response.

"Alyx...we've known each other for about a month now. And this month has been one of the best times of my life. You've shown me what a true friend is and that I don't need to turn to other motives as a form of happiness because you make me happy. You are my happiness, Alyx. I've never needed anyone as much as I need you."He paused. "So, what I guess I'm trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?" His usually cocky demeanor changed, and he looked nervous. The Michael Clifford was actually nervous about asking a girl out. Of course I was going to say yes. There was no way I could even think about denying him. So, I answered him.

"Yes, of course, Michael. I would love to be your girlfriend." A wide smile spread across his face, and he looked like a child on Christmas morning. Then he unexpectedly lifted me up into the air and spun me around before setting me back down. He grabbed my face and placed little kisses all over it earning a giggle out of me.

"Thank you, baby." He mumbled against my lips.

"Anything for you." I responded while he smiled into the kiss.

The night couldn't have been any more perfect.

A/N

Awww! So much fluff! But Michael and Alyx are official!! Woot woot! I need a ship name for them! I'm shit at coming up with that kinda stuff. I'll dedicate the next chapter to whoever comes up with the best one!

Comment and vote please!

<3