fourteen

An hour later, I sat at a table outside of a little cafe sipping on water. In all honesty, I didn't know what to do. One thing that I couldn't stand to see was someone sad. And yet I had just made at least one boy sad. Luke for sure was upset, but I wasn't completely sure what Michael's deal was. He was a player. There was no way that he actually liked me. That wasn't the way he rolled. I set my head down on the table and groaned. I laid there for probably five minutes before felt the presence of someone standing next to me.

"Are you okay?" The presence spoke. It was the voice of a boy. Just what I needed. Note the sarcasm.

"No." I didn't lift my head up. I didn't want to see another probably attractive Australian teenage boy. That was actually the last thing that I wanted to see.

The boy laughed at my response. He had a cute laugh. Damn it. I thought. He was definitely going to be attractive if I ever decided to look up.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"Boys." I didn't really want to explain my problems to some stranger, so I kept my answer vague.

The boy laughed again. "Well, I am boy...maybe I could help? Do you need advice?"

I didn't know how to respond to that. Taking the offer would probably be for the best. If I just talked through my problems, maybe I would come up with a solution on my own. Or maybe this boy could help me.

"Do you really want to get into this?" I finally said after a while.

"I'm all ears." I could tell he was smiling.

I looked up as I heard the boy pulling out a chair to sit at my table. He definitely was attractive.

"I'm Calum, by the way." He smiled. "So, now tell Dr. Love all about your boy issues."

"Dr. Love?" I had to laugh. I was 99.9% sure that his last name was not Love.

"Just go with it." Calum laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, there's these two boys. The first one that I started talking to was really nice and sweet, and then I found out that he already had a girlfriend. He ended up breaking up with his girlfriend, though, and I told him that I'd give him a second chance, but I meant it as in just being friends first. He took it a different way, though. Then the other boy acts like he's this badass guy, but underneath it all, he's actually really sweet and caring. He was there for me when I found out that Luke was cheating on his girlfriend with me. Now, I have a big mess." I explained everything to Calum.

"Wait...Luke? Are you talking about Luke Hemmings?" Calum questioned.

"Yeah." I looked at him quizzically. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah, kind of. He's a couple years younger than me, but we went to school together," I couldn't quite tell from his tone if the two of them were friends or not. Before I had the chance to find out the answer to that, Calum asked another question. "Who's the other guy you were talking about?"

"Michael Clifford." Calum's face lit up as I answered.

"Seriously!?" Calum exclaimed. "Wait...are you Alyx?" I nodded. "Michael was talking about you earlier today!"

"He was talking about me? What did he say? How do you know him?" The questions came pouring out of my mouth.

"Michael's my best mate! And I don't think that I'm supposed to repeat anything that he said." Calum bit his lip to keep from saying anymore.

"Oh..." My voice trailed off, and I looked down. What kind of things was he saying about me? Given his reputation, I wasn't sure that I wanted to know.

Calum noticed my distress, however, and elaborated a little. "He didn't say anything bad! But I don't think he'd like me telling you what he said. I should leave that up to him."

"Oh, okay." I was quiet.

"So your problem is that you like both Michael and Luke?" Dr. Love returned.

"Yeah...at least I think I do..." I trailed off. I still wasn't sure what was going on with my emotions. Did I actually like them? Was it just hormones? Or was it the fact that somebody was actually interested in me for once?

"Hmmm...well, I can't speak much for Luke because I don't know him all that well. He seems nice enough though, and I know he has good taste in music. That's about it though." Calum shrugged his shoulders. "And for Michael," Calum laughed. "Well, he's something else." He shook his head. "Listen, Alyx. I don't know what kind of girl you are and what you're into and stuff, but Michael might not be the best guy for you. Now, don't get me wrong. I love him to death, but he can be a bit of a dick. You seem like a nice enough girl, and I don't want to see you get hurt. Trust me. I know how Michael is. He's not into committed relationships and such." Calum spoke with sincerity in voice. I didn't exactly want to believe what he said about Michael, but he was Michael's best friend. He obviously knew him better than I did, leaving me with no choice but to trust his opinion.

"Okay. Thank you, Calum." I gave him a weak smile to show that I at least appreciated his advice.

"Anytime." Calum flashed a smile. "I should probably get going now. Good luck with your decision." He gave me a pat on the shoulder, and I set my head back
down on the table as he walked away.

The best decision was to be with Luke, right? I sighed and picked myself up from the table.

A/N

Hiii Calum!

I'm in a good mood today, so here's another update! Please comment, vote, and share my story! And more importantly, I hope you enjoy the story! <3