thirteen

"ALYX!" A very loud male voice was screaming my name at the top of his lungs. Not exactly my ideal way of waking up, but it was effective.

"What?" I tried to yell back but failed. It came out like more of an irritated groan.

"What are you doing?" The voice belonged to Luke. He was laughing.

"Sleeping." I answered flatly without opening my eyes.

"It's after one in the afternoon! How are you still asleep?" Luke was still laughing.

"I am a creature of the night." I pulled the blanket up to cover my head.

"Well, you should wake up." Luke leaned over top of me and pulled the blanket away from my face. He had a ridiculous smile on his face. Normally, I would have laughed, but I still wasn't feeling the whole "waking up" thing just yet.

"Alyx," Luke said in a sing-song voice. "Please get up. I want to do something today."

"What?" I turned my face into my pillow causing my voice to become muffled.

"I don't know. Whatever you want to do. Just go get ready, please." He was so polite. It completely contrasted with my attitude.

"Fine." I grumbled, rolling over to get off the couch. "Just give me like 30 minutes." I figured that was enough time to at least look decent.

-

"Let's go in there!" I pointed to a cool looking music shop on the opposite side of the road. I grabbed Luke's hand and pulled him along with me, not really giving him much of a choice.

Once we were inside, I started to browse through the hundreds of albums that were displayed on the shelves. Luke had walked off to a different part of the store, but I didn't really notice too much. I was too intrigued by the CD collections. After a while of browsing, I felt somebody near me.

"Hey, princess." A hushed, rough voice whispered in my ear while tattooed arms snaked around my waist.

"Hey, Michael." I smiled, instantly recognizing the boy.

"You have great taste in music." Michael said indicating to the few CDs that I held in my hands. His arms were still around my waist. "Allow me to make a few suggestions, though." He smiled, and released his hold on me.

Together Michael and I searched through the titles, made suggestions, and laughed at some of the random conversation we had.

I had almost forgotten that I had come to store with Luke. That is, until he walked around the corner.

Luke stormed over to where Michael and I stood and started to get protective.

"What are you doing here? Get away from her!" Luke's tone clearly expressed his hatred for Michael.

"It's a public place. I have every right to be here." Michael rolled his eyes. "And as for getting away from her, I don't think she has a problem with me talking to her. So why don't you mind your own business." He smirked.

"Michael!" I slapped his arm for being rude. "And Luke, Michael is just a friend. I'm allowed to talk to people other than you." I was getting kinda irritated with Luke's behavior every time Michael was around.

"You're talking to him again?" Michael raised his eyebrows. It was obvious that he didn't like that very much.

"Yeah. Luke explained everything last night." I explained.

"Oh...so are you two...together?" Michael face fell. He looked sad.

"No." I stated at the same time that Luke said, "yes."

"What!? We're not together, Luke." I spoke slowly and shook my head in confusion. Yeah, we made up yesterday, but we most certainly were not together. "When I said that I'd give you a second chance, I meant as in being friends." Apparently we weren't on the same page.

"Oh...I just thought that-" Luke started, but I cut him off.

"No. You have to earn my trust back. I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea. I'm sorry, Luke, but I'm not ready to be in a relationship with you right now." The hurt could be seen in Luke's eyes, but he had to understand. He couldn't expect me to jump right into a relationship with him after what he did to me.

"Okay." That was all Luke said before walking away.

I sighed. I felt bad, but what was I supposed to do? I couldn't deny that I had feelings for Luke, but I also knew that Michael gave me butterflies every time I was around him.

I needed to think. "I have to go." I said to no one in particular. Michael was still standing there, but he wasn't speaking, so I just left it at that. I set the CDs down that I had picked up, and walked out of the store.

A/N

Kind of a boring chapter, I know. It'll start getting better in the next few chapters since I kinda know where I'm going with this ?  Idk, we'll see.

This sounds kinda thirsty, but can this chapter get either 4 comments (from different people) or 6 votes before I update next? The quicker that happens, the quicker I'll update because I already have the next chapter written anyways.

Also, please check out my new Michael story: Secrets and my Luke story: Juliet (the title of that will eventually change, maybe.)

I think that's everything, now. <3