twenty eight

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SMUT

if you're uncomfortable with this, I'll put a break in where you should stop reading the chapter

also, bear with me because I'm an awkward virgin but I tried and I hope you like it

anyways, here's the chapter :)

-

"You have some explaining to do," Emma ran up to me while I was on my way to English class, which she also happened to have, asking the inevitable question. "Why was Michael Clifford, the Michael Clifford, picking you up yesterday?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "because he's my boyfriend," I said like it was no big deal.

Emma's jaw dropped and she let out an audible gasp, "what the hell are you thinking!? You do know that he some sort of man-whore who fucks anything with two legs and boobs, right? He's just going to leave you once he gets what he wants." She said suddenly angrily.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "do you personally know him?"

She replied, "no, but-" I cut her off.

"Then your opinion is irrelevant. Until you have had deep personal conversations with him and understood what drove him to act the way he did, then I'm not taking your opinion into consideration. Yes, I know of Michael's past, and yes, I know how much this could ruin my reputation, but do you know what? I don't give a shit. Michael is such an amazing guy, and I wish that people would just give him a chance to shine. Michael means the world to me, and I'm not going to give up on him just because he made a few mistakes unlike the rest of this damn town," I let the venom seep through my voice as I spoke. I was getting so sick of hearing just how much everyone seemed to despise Michael, my Michael. He's just a little kitten who doesn't deserve to be treated so poorly.

I watched as my words registered in Emma's brain but didn't give her the chance to say another syllable. I turned on my heels and stalked away from Emma, away from my English classroom's door, and away from the school. Whipping out my phone, I called the only person whom I wanted to see.

"Hey, love, aren't you supposed to be at school?" Michael questioned.

"I was there. I'm ditching the rest of the day." I answered.

"What happened?"

"People pissed me off. Will you come pick me up?"

"Yeah, sure, babe. I'll be there in ten."

-

Almost exactly ten minutes Michael's old black car pulled up to the curb where I was currently leaning against a light pole. I hopped in the vehicle but didn't say a word. Michael got the hint that I didn't want to talk just yet, so he settled with resting his hand on my thigh and giving it a light squeeze to remind me that he was there when I was ready to speak.

I wasn't sure where we were going, but I assumed that he was taking me to his house after he had pulled up to small, slightly rundown looking house.

Michael led me up to the house, placing a key in the lock and unlatching the door. I followed him to the living room where we sat side by side on the couch in silence.

"I hate how horribly people talk about you," I sighed after a few moments.

Michael shook his head, "don't worry about it. I'm done caring what they say. Nobody's opinion matters to me anymore except for yours. Please don't feel like you need to defend me. I'm a big boy; I can take care of myself," He chuckled.

"Okay," I nodded not wanting to get into a pointless argument. Regardless of what he said, I was still going to defend him of the opportunity presented itself.