Chapter 15~Shay Dixon

Six weeks pass and I haven't seen Cole. I would've visited him again but the nurses say he needs more time to recover. It seems like an awful lot of time for a car accident though. Unless there was something else wrong that he didn't tell me about.

I'm at home, finishing up an essay for english, when the doorbell rings.

"Pizza's here!" Penny races to the door and I hear her open it.

"Penny! Don't forget the tip on the counter!" I sigh.

"I don't think a tip will be necessary." A familiar voice laughs. I turn my head, shocked to find Cole standing in the doorway. I get up, forgetting about my essay completely.

"I...how are you?" That sounds stupid.

Cole smiles. "I've been better."

I walk over to him and give him a scan. He looks pretty good, I guess all that time in the hospital would make for a good recovery. "I'm sorry I didn't visit again, I came by but the nurses kept shooing me away and..."

"It's fine." Cole shrugs, a smile still on his face.

Penny leaves the room but, knowing my sister, she's likely still listening anyway. As soon as Penny's out of the room, Cole wraps me in a hug.

"I've missed you." I whisper.

Cole looks into my eyes and our heads slowly move closer. His forehead brushes mine just as the doorbell rings.

Penny races to the door, knocking Cole and I apart. Moment ruined. "Pizza!"

From there, it gets awkward. Penny opens the door but has to run back to the kitchen counter to collect the tip. Once she gives it to him, she takes the pizza and the delivery guy heads out.

"You should stay for supper." I turn to Cole.

Cole hesitates. "I should probably be getting back..."

"Nonsense, there's plenty of pizza and I haven't talked to you in weeks."

"Ok, just for a while."

"Great."

💗~*~💗

So what do you all think? I know you probably are dying to read about a kiss. Or maybe another try at Jesse. Just kidding...Hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night! 💞