Chapter 47~Sadie Roberts

As I'm heading to class in the morning, I hear voices. I stop to listen, despite knowing I'll be late for science class.

It's Cole and Sasha.

"What exactly did you say to Shay?" Cole asks.

"Why don't you hear for yourself?" I can hear the laughter in Sasha's voice and then I hear a voice that sounds kind of muffled. Like it's been recorded. "What's the problem?"

It's Shay.

"No problem." Recorded Sasha says.

"Then why did you want to meet up?" Shay sounds annoyed.

I listen to every word of the conversation. When the recording ends, Cole sounds mad. I can't believe Cole did that to Sasha though.

"You recorded the conversation?" Cole fumes.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Sasha's silvery voice sings.

"What do you...Jesse and Juliette...did you do the announcements?" Cole snaps at her. His words take me back to that day. I remember how angry Jesse was.

"Well...I didn't want to really...but Jesse wouldn't listen to my order. Only one task-he couldn't even do it."

"What. Task?"

Sasha pauses. "Why should you care? You killed him."

"Doesn't mean I don't want to know."

Sasha clucks her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "I wanted him to give something to you and Shay. Don't bother asking what, I'm not going to tell you."

"You have no idea how much those announcements hurt Shay!" Cole's loosing control.

I take a small step forward to hear Sasha's answer. At least the girl's bathroom is right in front of me, I can step in quickly if I need to hide.

"It hurt Juliette and Jesse more probably. I thought you and Shay were together long after Shay and Jesse got back together." Sasha pauses, in thought. "Besides, you and Shay are broken up anyway. Why should you care?"

"You broke us up!"

"She obviously trusts me a lot more than you. Sad really, I mean, I'm a stranger to her and you...why, you were her boyfriend!"

Cole is silent for a moment after that, letting the thought sink in. When he finally speaks, I can barely make out the words. "Why do you hate me?"

"You...broke my heart. I meant nothing to you. I remember when we broke up and how everything went downhill from there." Sasha takes a deep breath. "I remember exactly when you had called me to your cabin only to tell me we should break up. That we would never work out. You passed me a vase...with a single red rose..."

Cole cuts in. "And...you threw it against the wall and, on your way out, slipped. You fell into the broken shards. You cut yourself. Right under your eye."

Sasha's voice is cold as ice when she speaks again. "Now, I'm going to make sure your life becomes as miserable as mine."

"Sasha, you believe your own lies. Especially the ones you tell yourself. You only hear what you want to hear. I don't believe you killed your ex-boyfriend in self-defence. Only that it was how you like to think. You're a great liar and manipulator, I'll give you that. But why do you do it? Who made you this way?"

"You of all people should know." Sasha's crying now. "It was you."

I hear Sasha walking quickly my way and I immediately step into the bathroom.

I think I've heard enough. More than enough.

💗~*~💗

What do you think? Is Sasha really that manipulative? Or has this story been layed out to look that way? Has your opinion on any of the characters changed?

I'm not gonna spoil anything but I hope you're enjoying the story. Have a great day/night! 💞