Chapter 39~Shay Dixon

I considered skipping school today but it's that or get spammed by Cole's texts. Cole texted me last night and asked about the meeting. I didn't respond. I wonder if he's worried about me. Surely he's changed a lot even if Sasha's story is true.

I go onto messages but instead of texting Cole back, I message Sasha.

Me: Do you think I should break up with Cole?

Sasha: What do YOU think?

Me: I don't know what to think!

Sasha: If you do, make sure there are witnesses.

Fear shoots through my veins. Does Sasha think he will hurt me? Only one way to find out. I get out of bed and get ready for school.

~*~

I sit down at my desk in english. Cole is already there, waiting for me. I immediately tense up.

"Why didn't you respond to my text?" Cole whispers.

I sigh, not daring to look at him. "We have a problem." I have to force myself not to glance his way.

"And it's another Monday, what's your point?" Cole jokes. He's the only one to laugh though, I'm not in the mood.

I shake my head and turn to him. I avoid looking directly at him, knowing my plans will fall apart. "What happened at that camp? Did you and Sasha..."

Cole's voice comes out strangled. "What exactly did she tell you?"

I shrug. "Enough."

"And you believed her?"

I suddenly force myself to look into his light brown eyes. They aren't angry, just concerned. "Give me a reason not to."

"Shay, what happened between Sasha and J was a long time ago and-"

"I knew it!"

"Knew what?"

My voice comes out shaky with fear and I have to remind myself that we're in class. "You hurt Sasha...I trusted you and-"

Cole suddenly seems a lot more alert. "Hurt her?"

He's not denying it though. Instead, his eyes shots nothing but alarm and regret. I lean back in my chair a bit, away from him. "You cut her, didn't you? You might as well tell me! It's only going to end with the truth."

Cole looks away from me. "I didn't mean to..."

He's admitting it! Everything's adding up now...what about Jesse? What came before their fight? "We're over."

I stand up and rush to Mr. Connor's desk. "Can I go home? I feel sick."

Mr. Connor looks from me, to Cole, and then back to me. "Yes, I'll send you the powerpoint of today's notes."

"Thank you." I grab my stuff and Cole grabs my wrist. "Let go." I warn him.

"Let me explain, Shay." He begs. I shake my head and wiggle out of his grip. I head straight home.

Both my sisters are at school and my mom's at work. I shut the door to my room, lock it, and burst into tears.

💗~*~💗

Hope you enjoyed, that may be the last chapter for a couple days. Thank you for reading and have a great day/night! 💞