Chapter 37~Sadie Roberts

It's been a week since the party at the lake and I haven't seen Jason since. I should've texted him a thank you but I don't have his number. I bet Liam would.

As tempted as I am to ask my brother, I know it will be followed by an interrogation. Liam wouldn't take "to say thank you" for an answer. Besides, I don't even think Jason really cares.

My phone vibrates and a text from Cole pops up. That's weird, Cole hasn't texted me since him, Shay, and I were all friends. That feels like years ago when, in comparison, it was only a few months ago. Which leads me to wonder what he wants from me.

Cole: Can you do me a favour?

I'm annoyed instantly. I can't say I didn't see it coming though, why else would he text me after all this time?

Me: I'll need more information first.

Cole: Sasha invited Shay to meet up with her tomorrow and I don't think it's a good idea.

Me: And you want me to spy on Shay?

Cole: Not spy

Cole: Just follow her and make sure she's safe. Sasha's dangerous and Shay already told me to leave them alone.

Me: What makes you think I even care?

Cole: Shay's life could be at risk!!

Me: One word: Jesse.

I stop replying after that but I don't leave the conversation. Cole slams me with texts but I don't reply to any of them.

Cole: He was trying to kill me!

Cole: It was self-defence!

Cole: What would you have done?

I have to admit, I am a bit curious as to what Shay and Sasha are doing. But it's not worth the chance that they'll catch me. If they do, I'll be in more trouble than if I just stayed home and minded my own business.

💗~*~💗

Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night! 💞