Chapter 19~Juliette Austin

Jesse Holland's dead? The news takes my breath away. My chest tightens and the reporter on the news shows Jesse being taken away.

Who could have done it? The reporter doesn't say, so perhaps the person in underage? They only say he was likely killed in self-defence.

I think for a second that Jesse would never hurt anyone. But no. That's a lie. After all, I know for a fact that he's hurt several people.

"Who's that?"

I spin around to see my eleven-year-old brother, Kaiden, behind me. "Jesse Holland."

Kaiden raises his eyebrows. "Didn't you used to date?"

I shake my head, my vision goes blurry as my eyes fill with hot, wet tears. He's really gone. This time for good.

"How?"

I sigh. "I don't know! Self-defence! At the high school! No one will say anything else and it's not like I was there!"

Kaiden frowns but doesn't ask anymore questions. Instead, he gets ready to go to school. I should be getting ready too but I don't think I could if I tried. My feelings for Jesse are long gone but he was still a decent guy. No one deserves to die, no matter what they did.

💗~*~💗

Hope you enjoyed that! The next chapter will be a bit longer and takes on a new point of view, Adam Miller. His parts of the story are super important and will make sense of the story. Please comment what you think and have a great day/night! 💞