12 - Bitter Memories

A soft knock was heard on the door before Y/N tilted her head up and muttered a low "Come in". 

Jay peeked his head before stepping inside her bedroom, his eyes wandering around to find Y/N. Noticing her sitting on the ground, he sat down next to her and stared deeply into her eyes.

"What's wrong?" He said with eyebrows furrowed and eyes full of worry as he wiped a lone tear on her cheek. 

Y/N looked at him as the tears started falling again, before he embraced her in a warm and tight hug, letting her cry as much as she wants.

"It's gonna be okay," Jay said and caressed her hair as she sobbed in his chest. 

Why did he feel vulnerable whenever she was in pain? 

"It's just... I miss my parents so much..." Y/N said as she pulled away and wiped her tears with her shirt's sleeve. She looked at Jay with her eyes glistening. "What do I do?"

"It's gonna be okay." He said, not really knowing what to say. He just wanted to comfort her and be there for her. "What do they do?" 

"They are journalists. They work in Nagoya, in Japan." She said and sighed heavily. 

"It's been three years since they went there for work. I actually could have gone with them, but I couldn't leave my life here. My grandmother, Areum, Seoul... everything in here is dear to me so I couldn't just go away." She explained as Jay stroked her hand with his thumb.

"I used to cry a lot at nights, but now I'm just used to it... a little. That was the worst thing that ever happened in my life." After some seconds of silence, she turned to him and asked.

"What about you?" She said, making him look at her confused. "What's the worst thing that happened in your life?"

Jay's expression suddenly darkened as he pulled his hand away and closed his eyes, breathing heavily.

"I don't think-" He started when Y/N stood up and went to her desk, bringing a white paper and two pencils. Jay stared at her as she sat in front of him and put the paper between them.

"Mr. Kang said that once we turn a bad memory into art, we'll feel better about it." She said and smiled softly at him before she started drawing on the empty paper.

Soon, Jay found himself sketching as he remembered the day when his life turned upside down.

The day when his mother decided to kill herself and leave the world forever.

"It was a Saturday night," Jay started and closed his eyes, feeling his heart ache. "I was sleeping until... until-" Before he could continue, a tear betrayed him and fell on the paper.

It was the first time Jay let someone see him this vulnerable, and Y/N's heart broke at the sight.

"We were doing f-fine so... why did she k-kill herself and leave us?" Jay said, his voice breaking. He looked at Y/N with eyes red, full of tears.

Her eyes were now glistening and sad as she stared at the love of her life breaking down. Not knowing what to do, Y/N grabbed his hand and rubbed circles with her thumb, trying to comfort him.

"It's okay, it's gonna be okay." She said as she pulled him to her, letting his head rest on her shoulder as he tightened his grip around her waist. "You went through a lot," Y/N said and hesitantly patted his back as he relaxed in her embrace.

"I'm tired... we shouldn't be this kind of tired at our age." Jay pulled away and sighed heavily before looking at Y/N. "I'm sorry for ranting and-"

"Don't apologize, it's okay. In fact, I'm glad you trust me and feel comfortable talking about your life with me. Thank you, Jay." Y/N smiled warmly.

He stared at her for a moment before ruffling her hair, making him chuckle at her reaction. 

"Cute." He said making Y/N's cheek heat up before she coughed and turned around, feeling her red cheeks.

"We should go down, they must be waiting for us."  She said and opened her bedroom door before quickly walking downstairs. When she was about to walk into the living room, her grandmother called her name, making her turn around and look at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, a little worried. Whenever Y/N talked to her parents, she was left empty and numb. But now, it was completely different. Y/N was smiling, her face full of colors.

"Yes, I'm fine, grandma. Don't worry." She said and kissed her grandmother's cheek before walking to the living room where everyone was waiting for them.

In the meantime, Jay had to keep himself from smiling as he followed Y/N when Y/N's grandmother called him and smiled. "Thank you, young man." She smiled as he bowed politely.

"You're back." Areum rushed to Y/N's side. "Are you okay?" She asked. Y/N smiled and nodded, making Areum chuckle at her. "I'm glad." She whispered as Y/N walked to the boys.

"Hey guys," she called and they all turned to her. "Would you like to stay and watch a movie with me and Areum? She even got snacks and I'll make popcorn for everyone." The boys stared at each other before nodding. "Great!" Y/N did a little dance without realizing it, before rushing to the kitchen.

Heeseung chuckled and turned to Jay. "She's cute," He said and left his friend's side once the latter glared at him.

After some time, they all settled down with the popcorn bowls. "So what would you like to watch?" Jake asked before they all stared at each other.

"Frozen?" Sunoo said hesitantly, making the boys laugh out loud. "Why are you all laughing? It's great!" 

"Yes, Sunoo is right. Who doesn't like Frozen?" Y/N said, high-fiving him. 

"Sure, let's watch it," Jay said out of nowhere, making everyone stare at him with wide eyes. "What?" 

"You don't like Disney movies," Sunghoon said.

"I do. Who said I don't?"

"You." 

Jay stared at Y/N who was holding her laugh before coughing. "Anyways, let's just watch it." He grabbed the remote from the couch before turning the TV on and starting the movie.

Y/N laid her back on the couch and relaxed. "Thank you." She whispered without taking her eyes off the TV. Jay smiled to himself and grabbed her hand in his, making her look at him.

He didn't say anything, just stared at her deep in the eyes. And Y/N knew that everything would be okay. 

Hopefully.

A/N: Okay but like this chapter is so rushed and unedited but I had to post it today because I won't have much time to do it in the upcoming days. Anyways, hope you like it! Also thank you so much for 400 views like- people are actually reading this :') ily <3

✓ BETS & BROKEN HEARTS | JAYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara