22 - Sick?

"You don't have to come, you know," Areum said as she walked to class along with Y/N. She knew that it was hard for her to see the person that betrayed her every day but Y/N refused to let him be the reason why she couldn't come to school.

"I'm okay..." Y/N said as Areum sighed and nodded.

As they kept on walking, they spot a group of friends not far away from them when Areum and Y/N's eyes darkened.

Sunghoon noticed them first before he stopped his friends and walked to the girls, standing right in front of them. Staring at Areum with sad eyes, he was about to talk when Areum scoffed and stared at him with cold eyes.

"Stop... don't say anything," She said and pointed at the other guys. "I'm tired of your games and lies." She added and was about to leave when Y/N pushed her arm and stepped close to all of them.

"I-" Her eyes were glistening before she closed them and breathed heavily. "I thought we were t-truly friends..." She smiled weakly as the tears started pouring from her eyes. "For once, I thought I made good friends just for you to destroy everything!"

Her voice got louder and her body started trembling, but she wasn't done yet.

"How dare you p-play with my feelings like this? All t-this time, was it fun for you to watch me fall in l-love with him when it was a fucking lie all along!?" She grabbed Sunghoon's collar and started shaking him as the tears blinded her view.

"You... you played my friend too!" She said and stared at him in disbelief. "Wasn't it enough for you to play me alone!? Answer me!"

Sunghoon stayed silent as they all felt extremely guilty, but they couldn't do anything other than let her pour her anger out on them. Because they deserved it.

Y/N scoffed and let go of his collar before she wiped her tears and backed away. "I hate you. I hate you all so get the fuck out of my life-!"

As she said those last words, sudden dizziness rushed over her as she stumbled back and closed her eyes in defeat, utter darkness consuming her.

. . .

Opening her eyes, Y/N slowly sat up before she grabbed her head, a slight headache making her close her eyes.

"What happened..." She said as she stared around her when the realization hit her; it was her bedroom.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and stood up from her bed before making her way out of the room. She slowly walked downstairs when she spots Areum and her grandmother cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh... you're up." Her grandmother said once she turned around and noticed her presence. "How do you feel, sweetheart?" She asked as Areum stood next to her.

"I guess I'm fine...?" She said and furrowed her eyebrows as confusion was written all over her face. "What happened?"

"You fainted," Areum said with a heavy sigh. "We were talking with Sunghoon and the boys-" she said and stopped before she cleared her throat. "We were talking with t-them when you suddenly collapsed. The nurse had an emergency so I had to carry you home."

"Ah..." Y/N said as she processed everything that happened. Her expression turned colder when she closed her eyes and sighed. "I'm doing better, grandma. I think I was just so... exhausted."

So broken.

Y/N faked a smile at her grandmother before she quickly turned to the food on the stove. "Oh? You're making Sam Gae Tang," She quickly tried changing topics when she grabbed a spoon nearby and tried the soup in front of her.

As soon as the soup went into her mouth, Y/N felt a sudden urge of vomiting when she placed her hand on her mouth and rushed to the bathroom, getting on her knees next to the toilet as she emptied her insides.

She closed her eyes as her stomach clenched in pain. Sweat dripped down her brow as she clutched her stomach and whimpered.

"Y/N!" Her grandmother rushed to her before softly patting her on the back. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" She said as worry was written all over her face.

"Grandma... I'm not- I'm not feeling w-well..." She tilted her head up and looked at her grandmother in pain, her lips white and her eyes barely open.

Areum stood at the door with tearing eyes, not able to see her best friend in such a state.

"This won't do. We need to get her a doctor." Y/N's grandmother said when Areum lifted her head and rushed by Y/N's side, helping her to Y/N's room.

Two hours later, the doctor Y/N's grandmother called knocked on the door before they welcomed her in.

"Thank you for coming, Dr. Kim. Y/N hasn't been feeling well these past few days but today it has gotten worse." Her grandmother said as she showed her to Y/N's room.

The young woman nodded as she knocked on the door, hearing a weak come in. As she opened the bedroom door, Y/N smiled weakly at her before bowing slightly.

"Hello, Y/N." The doctor smiled as she closed the door behind her. "Your grandmother said you're not feeling well, what's wrong?" She placed her bag on a chair and sat next to Y/N.

"I recently started feeling dizzy and nauseous a lot..." She said and sighed. "And I fainted this morning too."

"Oh..." The doctor stared at her in an unreadable expression before she cleared her throat and noted on her notebook. "Did you... did you perhaps have sex during these past weeks?" She asked and looked at Y/N who blushed and slowly nodded, hiding her face in embarrassment.

Dr. Kim sighed and grabbed both Y/N's hands, making her stare at her in confusion. "I know this is sudden for you but..." She stopped and closed her eyes before looking right through Y/N's eyes.

"Y/N... I think you might be pregnant."

A/N: Oop-