39 - Genuine Apologies

"How have you been?" Y/N asked awkwardly as everyone stared at her. "It's been five years, after all..."

"We've been fine, I guess," Heeseung said and smiled. "Me, Sunghoon, and Jake are working," He pointed to them before he pointed to the rest. "Meanwhile Jungwon, Sunoo, and Niki are still in college. Jungwon is about to graduate though." 

Y/N slowly nodded her head before she turned to Jungwon. "Me too. It's my last semester at Pulsan university. I'm majoring in Business Management." She smiled.

"Me too!" Jungwon widened his eyes in surprise while Y/N chuckled lightly. "Are you done with your presentation?" 

"No, not yet. I'm honestly struggling with it a little." She slightly sighed. 

"I'm about to finish mine. I can help you if you want." Jungwon said and Y/N looked at him like he had saved her life.

"Really? It would be of great help. Thank you, Jungwon." She smiled warmly at him, making him shake his head.

"You don't have to thank me. It's the least I can do, after everything that happened..." He lowered his head and Y/N looked away, not knowing what to say.

Trying to lighten the mood, she turned to Sunoo and Niki. "How about you?"

"Oh... I got in SNU." Sunoo said with a little smile before Y/N widened her eyes, placing a hand on her mouth.

"Don't tell me..." She asked and Sunoo nodded happily.

"Yeah, I'm studying medicine." He said when Y/N let out a scream, quickly covering her hand in embarrassment. 

"I remember how much you wanted to go there... I'm so happy for you!" She smiled so widely and congratulated him. "What about you, Niki?" 

"I'm majoring in Art, just like I always dreamed of." Niki chuckled, making everyone smile.

"You all got to realize your dreams. I'm so proud of you!" She said so happily and all of them realized how much she cared about them. And they all felt the guilt rush through them.

There was this not-so-awkward silence between them as they sat there, each one looking away from the other. After all these years, they talked like nothing had ever happened. And Jay knew they were all avoiding bringing what happened back.

However, he had decided to fix everything he broke.

Their friendship, her heart, her trust... everything.

"I told her everything," Jay said, making them turn to him with furrowed eyebrows. "All the truth she needed to know." He added and they all looked down in guilt.

"I'm not mad at you, and I don't hate you." She said and smiled sadly. "I was hurt, a lot, because I adored and loved the friendship we had and at the end, it turned out that everything was... a lie." She sighed and shook her head.

"But now I understand. I understand that we were all so young and we did things we regret now that we're older but... I realized that you did it all for me- for all of us." 

"All these years, we've been drowning in guilt and regret," Sunghoon said, a heavy sigh left his lips. "Although it was to protect you and everyone, we hated to see you so hurt that it made us hate ourselves-"

"But we deserve it..." Jake interrupted with his head down low. "We made stupid bets and hurt a lot of people, not just you."

"You're all good persons," Y/N said, a small smile plastered on her face. "Regardless of what happened in the past, you're so nice and kind and I can't be grateful enough to have you in my life again."

A single tear fell down her cheek before she turned to look at Jay who stared at her, sadly. Gently wiping her tear, he smiled and whispered in her ear that everything was going to be fine.

Y/N and Jay stared at each other for a while, eyes glowing and hearts beating so fast as they remembered their kiss from earlier. After five years, they finally found themselves in each other's arms. 

However, they were still living in lies. 

Lies that will leave them half and heartbroken.

The sound of a door slowly opening made Y/N turn and look towards Jay's room. "Mommy...?" Hana spoke softly, rubbing her eyes as she was about to cry.

"Hana," Y/N muttered before she stood up quickly and walked to her daughter, holding her in her arms. "I'm here, sweetheart." 

Jay stared at them before looking back at his confused friends. He hadn't told them yet. They weren't aware of the fact that Y/N was a mother and that she had a four years old daughter.

"Who's the little girl?" Sunghoon asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he stared at Y/N and her daughter.

Jay was silent for a while before he sighed and looked at them. "She's Y/N's daughter. Her name is Hana." He said and smiled sadly, making everyone widen their eyes.

"What?" They muttered lowly, staring at him in disbelief.

Y/N came back with her daughter in her arms before she sat down, Hana awkwardly smiling at them. "Say hello, Hana." 

"Hello, my name is Park Hana." She said and politely bowed, making them chuckle at how cute she was. 

Jay found himself leaning towards her as he gently grabbed her little hand. "Did you sleep well?" He said and smiled when Hana stood up from her mother's lap and hugged him, making everyone widen their eyes. 

She stayed like that for a moment before she pulled away and looked at him. "Thank you." She said before she put her head on his chest, looking back at them.

Y/N smiled warmly at her daughter before she excused herself and walked to the kitchen, leaving them with so many unanswered questions.

The fact that Y/N was a mother shocked them but they decided not to ask anything and instead, they started playing with Hana who seemed to have so much fun. 

Sunghoon stared at them as they played together before he stared at Jay who was smiling widely. He looked so happy and seemed to like Hana a lot. 

However, Sunghoon knew that he faked it and behind that sweet smile of his, Jay was hurting and brokenhearted. 

A/N: The soup will burn.