38 - Revealed Truth

"Because I always loved you, Y/N."

The tears fell down his cheeks when he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's true that you were a bet..." He said and even if it hurt him to admit it, he needed to tell her all the truth.

"We were young and did reckless things. At first, it was a meaningless bet that we had fun with but now it's the most thing I regret in my life." 

Y/N looked at him with eyes full of tears. She looked like she really wanted to say something, but did not. 

"Slowly, I started falling for you and forgot about the bet. I didn't want to admit that I had feelings for you, because I wasn't used to feeling that way."

He smiled sadly, remembering how flustered he got whenever she was near him.

"I wasn't used to the butterflies or the way I wanted to break Yejoon in half for touching you. I wasn't used to loving anyone, because until I met you, I didn't believe in love at all." 

"Jay..." She whispered, her heart beating faster than ever.

"But you made me believe in it and it's so incredible yet painful because I had to let you go to keep you safe." He said and looked away.

"I was a coward and all I could do was push you away to protect you because I knew... if we stayed together, Yejoon would have hurt you and I couldn't let that happen."  

"I'm sorry," he continued, "for the stupid bet and for all the lies I've told you." Smiling, he looked at her with warm loving eyes. 

"I know it's too late to say this and you might not forgive me but... it's you, Y/N, the love of my life. And I can't stop loving you." 

It was her. It was only her, the sole thing left in the universe, eyes shining like two worlds only for him, visible only to him, and her hazel color that always drew his attention. It was her bubbly laugh, her curly hair, her trademark smile, the way she whispered his name. 

It was her, it always was, and it always will be.

"Jay..." Y/N repeated, soft and quiet, like the sound of a song bird's wings.

She took a step closer.

He took a step closer.

He was looking at her - really looking, and all the nervousness he was so prone to feeling washed out of him like a tidal wave, flooding from the tips of his fingers and crashing out of his mouth as it parted in the slightest way, almost invisible. 

But he knew it was, for her eyes fluttered down to it.

Neither knew who took the final step, but someone did, and they were no longer two people with two stories and two minds, but one.

Y/N finally noticed how close he truly was when his lips enclosed on hers; soft yet immersive, gentle yet powerful all the same. 

All there was the two of them, or one of them, rather, and all he could feel was her: Vanilla and lavender in his nose and hazel eyes on his mind.

In seconds that felt like years, he kissed her.

The planet rotating beneath them seemed to stop its endless cycle, and the infinite universe of worlds clashed as the space between them suddenly ceased to exist.

Time stopped in its tracks. There was nothing left on Earth, or in the entire universe for that matter. The stars imploded and the sun shone brighter than ever. 

Except for the two of them, nothing else mattered.

Nothing could have possibly meant more than them, nothing could have more beauty than this moment: those small hands pressed into his chest, the way her round eyes fluttered to a close. 

She fit into him like a glove, her kiss like the beating of a butterfly's wings, soft until it became addictive.

And he was falling fast, craving her scent and the feel of her so close to him, unsure where he ended and she began. He had never been more grateful to have lived until now. 

He would have rather walked into hell again and again than lose this.

But his stupid, stupid lungs had to find air, and he was forced to separate from her with the feeling of gravity being torn out of his core.

Jay took a step back, heat rising to his face. "Sorry- I shouldn't have done that."

"No." She said softly, making him look into her eyes. "That was nice... I liked it." She said as her cheeks started heating up, looking away from him.

"Oh...?" His voice was hoarse. 

He cleared his throat, laughing a little when his doorbell rang, making both of them turn their heads toward his door with furrowed eyebrows.

Excusing himself, he walked to the door before opening it, the sight of six men meeting his eyes. 

"When are you ever going to answer our calls? Geez, where do you even put your phone?" Jake scoffed before he slightly pushed Jay out of the way and barged in. 

Before he could stop him, the others walked in and he couldn't help but let them in.

Of course, he'd welcome them anytime, but Y/N was there, and he didn't want to risk making her uncomfortable. 

"Y/N?" 

Jay stared at them as they came to a halt, watching Y/N with wide eyes as she stood there, not knowing what to do. 

"Hello..." She muttered, nervously fidgeting with her fingers as she lowered her head.

Everyone turned and looked at Jay, asking for some explanation, and Jay knew that it was time they fixed everything.

Because he knew, their story wasn't supposed to end like that. 

A/N: This is my favorite chapter so far <3