Chapter 20

ROSLYN POV

I woke up feeling a damn hard head ache. I hissed at my pounding head while trying to open my eyes who were hell bent on sticking together. Once opened, it took me a while to adjust to the light. I was back to Alexander's room. It was dawn outside. All the previous events came back to me and I could feel my heart starting to beat fast. I should have had tried harder. I knew what he was capable of. I didn't want to end up like her sister.

I felt a cold shudder ran down my back and I turned around only to find the devil himself, sitting on the luxurious arm chair while sipping a dark brown liquid which I could only assume it to be alcohol, a strong one

I felt a cold shudder ran down my back and I turned around only to find the devil himself, sitting on the luxurious arm chair while sipping a dark brown liquid which I could only assume it to be alcohol, a strong one. His eyes bored on me and I froze. Not breaking the eye contact.

"Hello once again." He said while taking another sip. I stayed still, not moving a muscle.

"How are you feeling?" he continued and I arched one eyebrow at him. Was he bipolar to the last stage?

"Let me go." I said as calm as I could, looking for any sign anger from him.

"That, I can't." He simply replied.

"Tell me one good reason that would make me stay with you."

"I gave you unconditional love and comfort. And I can protect you from the world till the end of my life. What do you need more?"

"Love and comfort? Huh! I saw that yesterday! Protect me? From whom?" I snapped my fingers at him, "Reality check mister. I need protection from you. For god sake! You are a bloody cold blooded killer." I cried. I stood up.

"Who told you that?" he asked while finishing his drink. 

"Does that really matter? What matters is that you lied to me! All these was a façade. And I almost believed in it. But not now! I realized the ugly truth now. You are nothing but a murderer! You will just toy with me and either I will end up being sold or in a body bag!"

"Careful there." He warned but I continued.

"Else what!? You will make that filthy snake kill me? At least I will be able to get away from you."

He stood up and threw the glass and it broke into pieces. He stood up and walked to me, grabbing my throat, slowly tightening it but not enough to choke me.

 He stood up and walked to me, grabbing my throat, slowly tightening it but not enough to choke me