Chapter 14

ROSLYN POV

“Are you hungry?” Alexander asked and right on cue my stupid stomach made a crying sound. My pale cheeks colored up instantly. Such an embarrassment!

“I will tell Sofia to make something to eat. Please do eat.” He almost pleaded. Not that he said it, I looked at down at my body. I looked almost like a sack of bones. He suddenly stood up and instinctly I flinched back. But then remembered he made a pinky promise. I smiled at the thought. He really looked cute at that time. Even though the dark and dangerous aura he emitted off, I kind of feel safe with him.

He led me downstairs to the kitchen. There was Sofia and Mathilda rummaging something. He made me sit at the kitchen island table and cleared his thought. I almost left out a giggle when both of the ladies froze on spot. It was as if they were caught stealing red-handed. They turned around in slow motion and both pair of eyes landed on me. They softened at my sight but in a flash held their gaze down to the floor right after seeing Alexander.

Why do they all fear him so much? I get it that he is their boss and all but it looked as if they dread for their life whenever they are in front of him.

“Get me a Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad for my lady and a coffee for me.” he ordered and both maids nodded.

“Wait!” I stopped them just as they were to start to go. I looked at him. “Are you going just to drink coffee? What about food?” His looked at me longingly. I felt my heart racing at his gaze. Breaking the eye contact and not waiting for his answer I turned back to the maids I told them.

“Make that two.” Surprisingly they both nodded once again. Alexander took a seat beside me and kept looking at me. Creep!

“Staring is a bad habit you know.” I said as I looked through the sports magazine that laid on the table.

“You are too beautiful to take my eyes off sweetheart.” Damn the audacity of this guy! I dropped the magazine back to its original place and fully turned to him. His already wide smile widens more.

“May I ask a question?”

“Sure, anything.”

“Why do everyone here fears you?” his smiled faltered down a bit but it regained its original place.

“I am their boss so its pretty evident the reason. Come on, lets play 20 questions.” He said.

“Okay, me first.” I chirped, distracted by the fact that I was casually talking to a dangerous person.

“How old are you?” I asked

“25 yrs, you?”

“20 yrs. What do you do for a living?”

“I-I work in a company.” He said but his gaze never met mine. is he lying?

“What is your favourite animal?” he asked me looking back once again.

“It’s cat. I really love them. They are like a soft cotton ball. I actually had one when I was a kid. He was really cute with perky ears and half of his nose was dark colored so I often called him ‘burny’. He used to come and wake me every morning by sitting on my head and purring while scratching me hairs. He was really obedient but even though we used to fight. He would sit on my copybook and when I would scold him, he would meow at me back louder.” I was so engrossed in telling him my cat story that I didn’t realize him looking at me passionately. I blushed deep when I caught him.

“it seemed like you were really closed to that pet. Where is he now?”

“He- he just went one day and never returned…” I felt a lone tear escape and a warm hand wiped it off.