Chapter 23

The plan was perfectly laid. There was no chance that the bastard Volkov wouldn't buy it. The whole army was standby, waiting for the King's one signal. They just had to be careful so Emily won't be hurt. His mind drifted back to his Rose wondering if she had woken up. His eyes teared up at her thought but he quickly masked it. They had finally reached inside. Everything they spoke was clear in his earpiece as a microphone was attached to the watch of Stefan. Alexander watched from the black SUV. There was a little camera set up on one of Stefan's buttons.

"Well well.. What do we have here? You really turned the capo in for your bitch that was worth only as a bed warmer." He laughed.

"Don't you dare to utter a single word about her! You asked for the King in return of Emily. Where is she? And trust me it won't be a good deal if even a strand of her hair was harmed."

"Oh don't you worry. Even though she has a pretty face, she is not my style. You can have your boring bitch back." Volkov snapped his fingers and two men brought in a semi-conscious Emily.

Upon seeing Stefan, Emily removed herself from the men's grasp and wobbled to Stefan before crumbling in his arms and started crying

Upon seeing Stefan, Emily removed herself from the men's grasp and wobbled to Stefan before crumbling in his arms and started crying. Stefan inspected her face and arms for any injuries and let out a sigh upon finding none. He embraced his love tight to his chest while mumbling soft words to her. This lasted only for a moment when his men came and held him down.

"You have what you asked for! What the Fuck is this now!?!"

"Do you think I am stupid?" he laughed maniacally. "If I let you go, what is the guarantee that you wont be back for revenge? And I know that if the Capo is not alive, the second in command becomes the new Capo."

"A deal is a deal!"

"And that doesn't apply to me. I have never been known to play good." Volkov said.

He walked to the knelt down supposing 'me'. He removed the bag from his head and the secret was out.

"I knew it. You guys are so loyal to your leader that you can even give your life for him." He punched Enzo on the face and he coughed out blood.

Alex punched the green light and all hell broke loose. The whole army of the King's empire surged to in the port. Bullets were flying from all directions. Stefan kicked the two men holding him down and pulled out his gun, shooting the right in between the eyes. He looked at Emily who was panic stricken. He shook her so she would come out of the shock.

"Go with him." he mentioned towards one of his guard, "and stay in the car until I come to get you." She nodded and went with him. Alex came inside in all his glory and his eyes were searching only for one person. The opposite gang tried to hurt him but he was having none of them. Soon Volkov was outnumbered. His eyes finally landed on his prey and he smiled.

There were many of Volkovs men lying dead on the ground; some with open brains, some with slashed neck and some with messed up faces. The whole floor was flooded with red crimson blood. Stefan had Volkov knelt on the ground with a broken nose and bruised lips.