TACENDA // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Four

《 Đ.₩. 》

《 Đ.₩ 》

Since the safehouse was huge, there were lots of sleeping arrangements. Rachel, Gar, and Larke resided upstairs, each in seperate glass rooms.

It freaked Larke out slightly that the walls were made of glass. This way, everyone could see her, and it freaked her out. She didn't like it. There was too much light in the room.

She was the opposite of light; dark. In her soul, engrained in her memories, instincts, emotions, mind, fighting styles, heart, everything. Clothes as well, so to speak.

Since she only had what she was wearing, Rachel lent her some of her extra clothes. Larke kept her boots though, as they were clean enough.

Rachel had an extra long sleeve t-shirt and a black sweater, which worked perfectly fine. As an extra layer, Larke also had a red zipper hoodie, laying on her small bed.

It was the next morning when Rachel was allowed to talk to the man Dick and Jason brought in from their trip. Larke knew Rachel could handle herself, even though she felt the slightest bit of worry for her. It was odd and somewhat violating, to feel something again. Larke hated it.

Really, the assassin in her hated it. It was abnormal and distracting, which made Larke become more and more disoriented by the minute. Well, at least for five minutes when Rachel was talking to Adamson.

Suddenly, Rachel bursts out of the room, looking slightly confused and shaken. Dick and Kory immediately storm into the bathroom as Gar goes to talk to Rachel, to calm her down. Larke sits across from Rachel as Gar talks.

Rachel takes a shaky breath and finds herself thanking Gar and Larke, as she offered a small smile.

Rachel took the smile as growth, because even Rachel could see that Larke has a dark past that she wants to keep hidden. Rachel knew that, but she just didn't press on it.

She didn't want to spook or hurt Larke more than she already saw. She figured out that Larke was the girl from her dream, and Larke has figured out Rachel was in her 'Rebirth', so to speak.

Neither girl touched on it, as it was just their secret for now. Either way, they had more pressing matter to deal with. Like who Rachels father and mother are, as well as their whereabouts.

As the teens moved to the couch area - Jason left a while ago - Dick and Kory came to talk to Rachel about her mother. Larke sits near the spot Jason sat in a couple days ago, for no specific reason obviously.

Gar perks up as well as Rachel, but Larke stayed formal and emotionless. It was just her way of thinking, living. Unlike Rachel, and most humans, because they have people they care about.

This shows when Rachel looks to Kory, Gar, and even Larke as she wants support to go find her mother. Larke stays silent as she looks at Rachel, only shaking her head to agree with the rest.

She sees the hurt in Rachel's body language as she storms off, with Gar following close behind. Larke sighs, gets up, and follows, leaving Dick and Kory behind.

She feels bad for not siding with Rachel, even though she would do anything to get her parents back, let alone her own mother. But the situations are very different between the two. Rachel has parents that are still alive while Larke's are dead.

Speaking of Rachel, she finds her facing the window, staring, as Gar knocks. Rachels reluctant to let them in, but does it anyways.

"I can't believe your on their side! Of all people who would understand, ever since my mom - ever since Melissa died, I've been alone. I don't have anybody," the purple haired girls tone is quick and heavy as she spills her hurt to them.

"You've got us," Gar says, and Larke nods, agreeing. She relates more to the other teens rather than the other adults on the team. It might be that she was trained to be an adult assassin that led her to being more childish now, but it's just how it is.

Her emotions are more fueled towards Rachel and Gar, and she's starting to come around to that. She's starting to let go of herself, to just be Larke. Not to get rid of, but to just let go of the death grip, on the assassin inside.

"You know what I mean right?" Rachel sits down.

"Yeah, I do," Gar and Larke copy her, relaxing the air. "If I even had the slightest chance of getting my mom back, there's nothing I wouldn't do."

"But you said-" Rachel cuts in.

"Yeah, I lied," Gar says. Rachel's face looks confused but her eyes shine with hope, mischief, surprise.

"He just said what they wanted to hear," Larke cuts in, and the others look at her as she gives the slightest smirk. "If you agree with people, they tend to leave you alone." She finishes, being completely sincere with both of the younger people.

"So," Rachel shakes her head as she starts, but Gar cuts in.

"I'll go with you. We both will. If your Mom's there, we'll find her. And uh, I'm thinking," Gar pauses as he pulls out a phone. "We go in style," he whispers, and Larke can hear the excitement coursing through the air.

She smirks with her mouth this time, and not just with her eyes. Rachel smiles back and so does Gar. And with that, they head out of Rachel's room, ready to go get her mother.

The uber the kids called was small, black, and had poor taste in music. Yes, it might've been illegal to use someone else's uber account, but Gar denies it.

Larke just raises her eyebrow as she rolls her eyes. She sits between Gar and Rachel, and they somehow all fit with a little room to spare.

The small talk turns from playful to serious, then back to playful. It's nice, Larke thinks, but she knows it won't last for long. So, she enjoys the car ride while it lasts.

She enjoys it, only for a couple of hours though, because the car arrives at the building.

"I think we'll have to go through the South entrance, away from the guards. I don't think it's a safe bet, but-"

"What?" Rachel asks.

"We came this far, right?" Larke asks, coming up next to Rachel and peering to the large building before them.

She sees all the windows, doors, gates, vehicles, and general structure of the building, and plans different paths to get out as she tries to map out what it looks like in her head. It only takes a few seconds as they walk near the back of the wooded area.

"So, do you think she's all alone?" Rachel asks. She turns to see Gar on the ground, and to get a taser to her chest.

Larke suddenly runs up to the man, leaps onto his back, wrapping her legs around his torso, and whips out a knife, ready to attack, to kill. But she hesitates, because she cannot, will not, kill.

But it's that moment of hesitancy that gives the man an opening to shock her, at full voltage. He aimed right for her head and hitting her repeatedly, ultimately leading to Larke falling to the ground, knocked out cold.