《 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃 》

》Đ.₩.《

》Đ.₩.《

SIX MONTHS LATER

The next thing Larke knew, she was looking up. 'Up', as in looking to a ceiling.

She felt another body next to her, as she was receiving a cold sensation from the metal table, while the body heat from the person radiated off onto her.

Then, a voice.

Not hers, but someone saying her name.

"Larke?"

Her eyelids close, open, and she turns her head, to see someone hovering close to her.

It's a man, with chocolate hair to match his eyes, and suddenly she sits upright, extremely startled.

"Y-you're here...," she sputters out, eyes wide, as she sees Jason Todd, the boy who she accompanied in Gotham - she still isn't comfortable with the term 'living together' just yet.

"Wh-? Larke, slow down, your head is still- " Jason tries to speak again, but Larke cuts him off.

"No, this isn't- ," she stops abruptly, after blinking once. Her eyes slit slightly, but not in anger or caution.

She realizes what's just happened, and she doesn't know whether to feel ashamed, frightened, or grief-stricken. It's not like she can feel all three -- oh wait, she can.

She saw the resemblance, even though they aren't related, and saw Jason Todd. Jason Todd - her very close... friend, her sparring partner, her teammate, her family, even.

But now, now she sees the truth. And it's just hit her in the face like the crowbar that killed the boy himself. And she doesn't want to feel this way, but she can't help herself.

She isn't an assassin anymore, so she was left to pick up the pieces of her humane side and start fresh -- meaning feeling genuine, heartfelt, deep things for herself and for others around her.

Which, she should've known, leads to some form of grief as she sits still on the table now, one leg hanging off the side. Her torso twisted to look at her brother-like friend, Dick Grayson, as her eyes tell him everything he needs to know.

She's broken, with everything that's happened. And with how quickly it did, he can only imagine how much it hurts to wake up every morning.

How much pain she feels tightly in her chest when she wakes up, all alone, and in a cold sweat from the things that go bump in the night, accept those things don't leave with the lights turned on, because your brain doesn't have an off button.

Not with her trauma, her assassin training, the years of abusive memories mixed with the grief, sorrow, and heart-wrenching betrayals of trust, alongside the more negative and gore-filled, exploitative memories of being with the Titans.