RAME // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Six

《 Đ.₩. 》

《 Đ.₩. 》

It took a moment for Rachel to calm Larke down, but at least she was successful. Putting Larke into a panic extremely challenging, but taking her out of one is excruciatingly exhausting.

But then Larke realized who she was talking to, and who was around her, and how they looked.

Gar was covered in blood.

Kory was leaning against Dick for support.

The woman next to Rachel looked pale and like she was a patient here, to Larke.

And then Larke's instincts kicked in. And she got up, and hurried with everyone out the door. They made their way to the tunnels below, everyone seemingly exhausted and still dumbfound at what this place was.

Until a group of men came around the tunnel corner, with weapons that looked to kill. The group paused for a moment, just staring and thinking.

Larke pushed Rachel behind her, but Dick stopped her with his hand on her arm.

Larke looked to him, as he shook his head.

"I've got this," his voice was a deep, almost grave tone, which the ex-assassin recognized.

It was authoritative yet a confirmation of sorts. A confirmation for only the person who uses it, to reassure themselves of their thoughts and actions.

And then Richard Grayson took out the guards with a metal pipe from the tunnel walls.

It usually was a glorious sight to see for Larke -- watching an ally beat the life out of their enemy with a singular stick of metal, but this time was different.

This time, it was terrifying. It was horrific, wired with red, and inhumane.

But Larke just stood and watched the scene unfold, as well as everyone else with the consensual flinches and blinks.

And then, Dick stands there, holding the bloodied piece of metal, taking in what he's done. He thinks no one will understand why he did this, and that they'll just comprehend he did it for them, to keep them safe.

But Larke understands. She understands completely. And so she keeps completely silent as he tells them to leave and get out of the Asylum.

And then it's her, Rachel, Gar, and presumably Rachel's birth mother, making their way outside. It's a fresh yet frigid night outside, as the group makes their way across the front lawn.

It's slightly peaceful, until the building beside them goes up in flames. It's sudden, and all three people around Larke flinch.

But Larke just stares, at the bright orange yellow waves of growing heat that encase the insane asylum. Suddenly she smiles. But she doesn't smile at the building going up in flames- she could care less about the ratched building- but at the woman walking out of the building.