ATRAMENT // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Nine

》Đ.₩.《

》Đ.₩.《

And now Dick Grayson was in the living room, a dark, shadowy substance covering and staining his face, with a teary Rachel in front of him, pleading for him to talk to her. Pleading for her father to let Dick Grayson go.

Larke stood beside Gar, the two holding one another up after the draining exersize of almost dying.

Gar was wide eyed, Larke was clenching her jaw, knowing she should've listened to the sense of danger her subconscious screamed at her to get away from, in whatever way possible.

But now, now she felt different, after waking up from the sickness she was put under. Now, she felt more alive than before, much like when Batman killed her, but now more controllable.

Her mind and body wanted to find the grey bubble from so long ago and she knew it, but she couldn't. Not yet at least, not with the overwhelming suspicion of Trigon, Rachel's father, and his true intentions for Earth.

Speaking of Trigon, "this is not my doing, this is his. I offered your friends many roads, many paths. Each one a different pathway, leading to a different outcome. Ultimately, he chose his own. To embrace his darkness rather than deny its existence."

He steps closer behind Rachel as he speaks, making Larke start to feel her overprotective-like bond with Rachel kick in.

"He tried to flee from who he is. From what he is,"

"Dick?" It's barely a mumble, and Trigon rests his hands on his daughters shoulders, Rachel flinching away from Dick as he does. Larke inhales sharply, letting go of her tight grip on Gar, yet not completely letting go yet. She won't make a move yet, not when she knows she can be stronger than she's ever been before.

Stronger than her own demons, stronger than anyone in the League's.

Stronger than Lady Widow.

Stronger than Ra's al Ghul.

Stronger than Slade Wilson.

"I've released your friend from a terrible burden. I love him as you do, because you do,"

"And," a new voice, belonging to Arella joins, stroking Dick's shoulder, "as Trigon's blessing, he's part of the family now."

"Oh Rachel," Dick says, "it feels so good to be home. You'll see. You'll all see."

Larke peers at Gar, who shakes his head slightly, telling her to stay back, and preferably not end up like Dick. She tilts her head, as to listen to him but only for a certain amount of time.

"Let him go," Rachel asks, her voice gentle. She stares into Dick's voidless eyes.

No response.

And as quickly as it came, Rachel's angry burst of magic at her father was depleted with a snap of his fingers.