𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹

Đ.₩

Đ.₩

"Where's Doctor Light?" Jason struts in, tone cocky as ever, followed by Rachel and Gar. Larke's eyes widen slightly, yet as she turns alongside Dick, no one would see a thing out of place.

"Jason," Rachel says quietly. Jason ignores her indignantly.

"Little stealth job on a guy who shoots, what, headlamps? I mean, half the cities on fire and still no sign of Dr. Light," Jason makes his way up to facing Dick, not giving a glance towards Larke.

She wants to frown, as she believed she thought she had given him a free pass to join earlier, that if he did she wouldn't say a thing if she saw him. Yet now he's being difficult.

"Not the time Jason," Dick warns, suddenly stepping up to his little brother (of sorts) with a menacing demeanor. Jason doesn't back down-- he jumps straight into Dick's face, now having their faces only inches away.

Larke doesn't move forward although she wants to-- her legs won't move. They seem to be locked, even though she has all the means to move between the two boys.

"I don't take orders from you anymore, man. I do what I want, when I want," Dick looks down, trying to move past Jason. "Get out of my way."

Jason won't have it.

"I think you got it all wrong," Jason slaps his hand against Dick's chest, which makes Rachel startle. Gar peers her way as the purple-haired teen swallows.

"You're in my way." 

This makes Larke frown suddenly, as she saw the twitch in Dick's hand-- she knows that twitch.
She's seen it, used it before.

"Maybe you need to see a retirement package, huh?"

It's the slightest of twitches, only a flicker of the thumb. It's a small movement but leads to Dick cracking his knuckles fully.

Jason looks behind him, at an alert Rachel and a nervous Gar, then back to Dick. Suddenly, he peers at Larke and she meets his eyes quickly, trying to give him a look, to tell him to back off.

He doesn't get the message, as he only sees her tired, drained eyes. It might've been held for a splinter of a half-second, but Jason could've sworn that hidden past her exhaustion (which isn't normal) was something else.

Something like suffering. And his brain makes the connection within seconds, albeit a jumpstart to a much deeper, realistic thought.