Thinking of You

Draco turned over and looked into Hermione's eyes, "What are you thinking about, Hermione?"

"I'm thinking about you." She replied, blinking at her admission.

"Really? I'm thinking about you too. Actually, I can't stop thinking about you; I think I'm going crazy."

Hermione leaned in very slowly and kissed his cheek, gradually moving her lips over his face to his moist, hot lips. He couldn't resist her; they began kissing passionately, the heat from their bodies growing with every second. Draco started to let his hands wander a bit; grasping her rear in his empty, wanting grip. He continued to touch her, hearing her mumble something...

"What the Hell are you doing Malfoy?! Let go of me!"

Draco opened his eyes, the passionate dream fully dissipating into the realization of where his hands were, and on whom. He pulled away as fast as he could.

"Remind me never to sleep next to you again; if you're going to have dirty dreams about Pansy Parkinson then I don't want any part of it."

"I wasn't dreaming about Pansy, she's a slut and incredibly ugly – in case you haven't noticed!" he looked apologetic "I'm sorry I didn't realize I was dreaming and...touching you at the same time. If I had known, then I definitely wouldn't have done it, believe me."

"Fine, but next time, I'm going to tie you down......."Draco stopped listening right there. He couldn't help but have naughty thoughts; he looked at Hermione and smiled. 'Really?' he thought.

"Don't get... nasty thoughts, let's just figure out how we are going to get out of here. Do you have any suggestions?"

Draco looked around the compartment until he saw the spot where the window was supposed to be. The window was at a downward angle and covered with debris. The carriage doors out into the train were jammed and buckled from the impact.

Draco tugged at a trunk but he couldn't move it by himself. "Well, are you going to help me move it, or do you want to stay in here forever?" he said pettishly.

Hermione gingerly climbed over the clutter and rubble he'd already cleared, they both started pushing and pulling the trunk from the window. Hermione noticed the bulges from under his robes; she had felt his muscles pressed against her in the night, but she didn't realize just how great they actually looked 'He has some nice muscles.' She thought appreciatively.

Within a few moments, the case finally slid far enough from the window to leave a gap they could get through. The window was cracked and Draco kicked it a few times to shatter the glass and provide an exit. He got down on his stomach and stuck his head out the window.
"Alright Hermione, you go first and if the train doesn't roll over on top of you, let me know so I can get out." He smirked at her.

"You're not funny." She glared at him.

"Oh come on... I'm sure it'll be ok. Just go."

She moved over next to him and he helped her out of the window. She dropped through the gap; landing carefully on the shattered glass before she carefully scuttled on the shard-covered ground until she reached the small space between the train side and the ground. There wasn't much space, but it was enough to squeeze through.

"It's ok, I'm not squashed. You can come out now." She shouted.

While Hermione waited for him to climb out, she looked around to see if there was any sign of the School anywhere. Draco climbed out and asked, "Where are we?"

"I don't know; I don't recognize anything, Hogwarts isn't in sight." She answered.

"Well, let's just start walking and we'll see where we end up." He shrugged, setting off.

The angle of the train made looking through the windows of the other compartments difficult. Hermione attempted to search for survivors but came close to severing the blood vessels in her wrists on one shattered window. Draco pulled her away.

"Granger! We haven't got time to search the train, it isn't safe! You almost slit your wrists trying to look through the window!" He sighed, noticing her pale face and sad expression, "I can't hear anything.

If people were still alive on there, they'd be calling for help or crying out in pain... I know it goes against all your Gryffindor sense of fairness and all things just and right, but we have to keep moving."

"Do we follow the tracks?" she asked in a meek voice, obviously shocked.

"I don't think it's a good idea, whoever tipped the train might be waiting for survivors to walk down the track – and the tracks themselves don't offer any protection or cover. I think we'd be best walking in the same direction, but not on them or next to them."

They walked side by side through a forest until they reached a huge drop with a small river at the bottom of it.

"Hermione, do you think that tree lying across the river would hold us if we tried to walk across it?"

"I'm not sure, but there's only one way to find out I suppose." She said, her Gryffindor bravery showing through.

Draco walked over with her and put his foot on the tree; nothing happened. He tapped his foot on it a few times adding more pressure each time to test it out.

"Alright, stay here and I'm gonna see if it'll hold my weight."

She watched as he gingerly stepped onto the tree with one foot and then slowly the second one. As soon as he pulled his second foot onto the tree he started yelling for help, Hermione screamed and she grabbed him.

"Just kidding." He laughed as she glared at him with very angry eyes.

"That was not funny at all; I thought you were really falling!" she chided, her heart rate returning to normal after the fright.

"Well it's nice to know that you would have saved my life, let's keep moving and get across." He said, secretly happy she would have saved him – even though he'd have probably pulled her in after him if he'd have fallen.

They started walking slowly then a little faster when suddenly Hermione lost her footing and grabbed on to Draco for support. She was light, and the balance he used on his broom whilst flying kept him stable.

"Are you ok, do you have it now?" He asked as she lightly let go, his hands still close to catch her if she faltered again.

"Uh yeah, sorry, I just... um... I lost my balance and you were the only thing here to hold on to." She shrugged, nervous about the rest of the crossing – they were halfway.

"It's alright, I'm glad I was here for you." He replied, ready to catch her again if needs be.
They reached the end of the tree without incident; Draco leaping for the bank to help Hermione down.

He reached up to grab her, however, she slipped and fell into his arms.
They stared into each other's eyes; Draco leaned in, stopping for a moment, hoping she wouldn't push him away. She didn't turn him away, instead, she leaned into him as his lips barely touched hers... before their lips met fully, Draco pulled back a little.

'What am I doing?' he thought, the little trauma of the tree crossing wearing off. Reality came crashing back to him and he pulled away sharply.

"Come on Granger, keep moving. We still have a long day ahead of us." He said, walking away to put distance between their bodies.