Explanations

"Were we in love?"

He cleared his throat and answered quickly to recover from his shock.

"What?"

"Draco. Were we in love, I mean before I died. I need to know."

He sighed in defeat and tried to relax his posture which had become stiff from the unexpected question. He had been trying to hide his feeling from her but apparently, she had seen right through it.

"Just tell me." She whispered, desperate to find the truth.

"Yes."

Hermione nodded her head at hearing the answer that she had suspected then met his eyes with her own. She didn't understand what was happening to her, she felt like she was going crazy.

She finds out that she died but was brought back by an enemy and that all her friends were being held captive by Voldemort. Then she discovers that the enemy who saved her was and still is in love with her, even though he tried to hide it from her the whole time.

The thoughts running wildly through her head were stopped when he reached his arm forward, put his fingers on her chin, and lifted her face to peer into his.

"Hermione, what made you ask me that? I didn't tell you anything that would have..."

She looked away from his eyes for a moment then when she finally met his gaze again, she grabbed his hand away from her face and held onto him.

"I need to tell you something."

She pulled out her wand and murmured a spell, then without any obvious change, she placed the wand back into her pocket.

"Don't be angry with me, I didn't know what to do and I really didn't understand at first."

His brow furrowed with confusion but as quickly as it came, it was gone. Replaced by a softer expression.

"You're starting to worry me, just tell me what's going on."

He didn't say it in a mean or aggravated way but she was still afraid to tell him what she had been experiencing. So she took a deep breath to gain some Gryffindor bravery and pulled the sleeves up on her shirt.

She quickly leaned down and pushed her pants legs up to her knees. She was now showing off the bruises on her wrists and ankles.

Draco grabbed her hand and looked closer at the bruise before meeting her eyes with a somewhat angry expression.

"What happened?"

It was simple but restrained.

"I didn't do it. I don't know if that's what you think, but I didn't."

His posture softened minutely but he still looked quite angry.

"Who did. When did this happen, I mean we've been together since I brought you back."

She gently pulled away her hand and started pacing in front of him.

"It's confusing and hard to explain but I will do my best."

She paused in speaking but didn't stop pacing until she grabbed her head and stepped forward so she was standing in front of him again.

She dropped her arms and let out an exasperated sigh.

"I've been having these... I don't know, visions or flashes of what I'm assuming are memories from before I died..."

"What. That's not possible..." He cut her off and then she cut him off by placing a finger to his lips.

"I know. Yet here I am experiencing it. The visions have been leaving a physical effect on me though and I'm afraid of what might happen if I get too far into the memories."

Draco glanced around to hide some emotion that she didn't catch.

"You're afraid that these will kill you. You might see your death and it will kill you."

He quickly turned away and punched the closest thing which happened to be a tall tree. He hit it over and over until blood was falling from his hand and the tree.

"Damn it!" He yelled furiously.

Hermione stood her ground waiting for him to calm down. She honestly didn't know what would help and trying to calm him could backfire. So she patiently stayed put.

He started to storm away but thought better of it and stormed back to the tree where blood was now smeared from hitting it repeatedly.

Instead of hitting it again though, he leaned his body against it and then rubbed his face with his hands.

"I don't know what to do."

She took this as her cue and finally went to him. She slowly moved to be in front of him and placed her hand on his cheek.

"You don't do anything. This will be fixed and everything will be fine."

She spoke with confidence and was surprised when she believed what she was saying. She rubbed his skin with her thumb and then pulled her hand away.

He nodded which was probably only because he didn't know what else to do. He pulled out his wand and healed his hand as well as he could before placing it back in his pocket and stepped closer to her.

She responded to him moving closer by reaching her arms up to circle around his neck and pulled him down to meet her hungry lips.

He was surprised by the sudden change in mood but quickly adjusted. He wrapped his arms around her body and they pressed together. The kiss became more passionate and before they knew it, they were in the tent moving towards his bed.