2

• इन्हें समर्पित: mukecorner

Michael's POV

"It's so nice to see you after all these years, Karen!" The woman grinned, following my mother in. The man and young boy were right behind her. The boy timidly glanced around my home as if he were silently judging it.

I studied their faces carefully, one by one, as they took a seat on the sofa. "Wait!" I paused, thinking about the news story earlier. "What the hell is going on? You're the people from the news! Mom, you let the hybrids in!"

"Michael, son, calm down. Your mother will explain." My dad said sternly.

My mom had a slight twinkle in her eyes - the same twinkle she always had right before she began telling a story. "Back when your father and I were in high school, hybrids were very well accepted. They were still rare, but more of them were open about it because they were never endangered." She took a short breath. "Liz, Andrew, your father, and I were all best friends. We would do everything together, go to the movies, go to the mall, double dates. There was nothing that could ever tear us four apart."

Tears brimmed her eyes and I prayed that she wouldn't start bawling. "Things began to change once a new science facility opened up down the road from our high school. Hybrids were abducted and tested on at the facility and the police were doing nothing to stop them, because the government had authorized the testing. Liz and Andrew knew they were not safe, so they ran away."

"This is the first time we've seen your parents in years," Liz chuckled lightly. "As you must have noticed, we had a child and his name is Luke. He'll be seventeen in a few months."

The boy beside Andrew shifted uncomfortably. The beanie adorned his head and his blonde hair looked perfect beneath it - I could never pull off beanies. He had pretty blue eyes but they remained glued on the floor. He wore an oversized, plain white sweater and baggy sweatpants, I'm assuming, to hide his tail. His black converse were ripped and the shoelaces were filthy.

"It's nice to meet you, Luke." Daryl waved. "We had a son as well and you've probably already figured out -"

"Michael." I interrupted. "I just turned seventeen."

"We were watching the news when our pictures came up. We knew then it was time to leave our home and run somewhere safe..." Andrew sighed. "But the problem is, we have nowhere to stay."

I hesitated, but my mother didn't. She jumped up from her seat and placed her hands on her hips, smiling broadly. "You're in luck because we have a guest bedroom. We would love to house you, as long as you need it."

"We only have one guest bedroom, so Luke will have to stay with Michael."

Those words repeated in my head over and over again, I stared at the kitten boy and frowned, anger building inside of me. "Hell no! I'm not letting some freak cat human stay in my bed with me. Absolutely not!" He gazed up at me and our eyes met for a split second before he shamefully hung his head low again.

"Michael Gordon Clifford!" My mother scolded me, crossing her arms over her chest disapprovingly. "Be polite! Now go show Luke your room! And be nice, please."

"Fine." I grumbled. "Let's go, Luke."

Luke bounded up the stairs behind me and as soon as we stepped foot in my room, I turned him around and pushed him against the closed door. I saw the fear in his eyes and felt the heat radiate from his body but it didn't bother me.

"There are some rules if you're going to stay here with me: don't touch my stuff, don't talk to me unless I talk to you first, and try not to be such a pathetic freak. Got it, hybrid?"

"My name is L-Luke." He mumbled, closing his eyes tightly.

"I'll probably never call you Luke unless our parents are around." I sneered. "Do you understand the rules?"

Luke whimpered. "Y-yes... now p-please, get off of me..."

I did as he said and stepped away, watching him open his eyes and start to breathe normally again. "This is where you'll sleep." I pointed to my bed. "I've decided to be nice and let you have the bed, and I'll sleep on the futon over there. This is the bathroom. It connects so you don't have to worry about leaving the room to take a piss."

His face crumbled at my choice of words and I bit back a snicker. "Any questions, kitten?"

"N-no."

"And you can take your beanie off - but don't expect me to rub your ears or any weird shit like that."

Notes

Aw, Michael is such a dick but he won't be like this for long I promise

Little kitty Luke how cute

By the way this is Japan beanie Luke hell yeah !!!!

Jordan

Edited July 2019

Here Kitty, Kitty ; muke [completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें