17

"W-We don't have much money," Luke pointed out as he tossed their bags into the trunk of the car. "We need g-gas money, and food once we r-run out. And where are we going to s-stay?"

Michael had cooled down while packing food in the kitchen and was now returned to his normal, loving self. "It's okay, baby. We can make it. I called Cal a little while ago and we're going to his house before we head out. He'll lend us some money."

"They're going to t-take him too, you know," Luke sighed sadly, slipping into the front seat and buckling in. "He knows about m-me. Ashton knows him, too. He'll go after him to try and f-find us."

"Well, Lukey, that's why he is going to be joining us."

"What? But what about his f-family?"

"Cal's parents died a while ago," Michael frowned tightly. "And his sister lives out in London. He has no family here. You said it yourself, darling. He also might be in danger."

"I guess that w-works," Luke muttered. Michael could sense the fear and anxiety in his voice, so he intertwined their hands over the center console and shot his kitten a reassuring smile.

The drive to Calum's was quiet - no music, no conversation. As soon as they got there, Luke went to open his door and hop out, but Michael tugged him back in. "We can't get out, we might be seen. It's too dangerous. I'll just text him and tell him that we're here."

Minutes later, Calum exited his house with a navy duffle bag and a water bottle. "Hi guys," He said, climbing into the backseat. "Before we get on the road, I think we should do something with our phones."

"Like what?"

"There's that river or stream or whatever by Riverstone Park," Calum pointed out the window towards the park. "We can shatter them and throw it in there."

"What?" Luke gasped. "No way! That's my phone we're t-talking about!"

"They could track us if we keep our phones. We'll only get caught."

"What if my p-parents call me or something? I'm not letting you t-throw my phone in a river!"

"Calum's right, babe," Michael nodded slowly. "They can find us if we keep them. I'm sorry darling, but we have to get rid of them. We can buy new ones wherever we get settled."

"Promise we can get n-new ones?" Luke whimpered, holding out his pinkie.

Michael linked their pinkies and smiled genuinely, "I promise, love. now is everyone buckled?" He adjusted his rearview mirror, the other boys nodding. "Okay, let's go."

Notes

Next chapter will be hopefully up tonight

Love you all

Jordan x

Edited July 2019