23

A/N: There will be two more updates: one tomorrow and Friday. Then I may/may not update on vacation. I'm going to Georgia, West Virginia, New York, & North Carolina. Ayeee.

*****

"Alice Springs, one of the greatest wilderness areas in Australia."

"Wilderness is gross," Michael whined. "Bugs, leaves, dirt, heat. I'd rather stay inside and cuddle with my kitten." He pressed a kiss to Luke's temple, who was blushing furiously.

The two haven't argued since Luke contemplated leaving, they've been all lovey-dovey and mushy. Calum and Ashton tolerated it and besides, it was better than Michael screaming at Luke constantly.

"You're so sweet, Mikey," Luke mumbled, cuddling up to his boyfriend's side.

After they both were sound asleep, Calum intertwined his and Ashton's hands over the center console. "When should we tell them about.. us?"

"There's an us?" Ashton raised his eyebrows. "I'm just learning of this."

"Oh," Calum frowned, looking down at his lap. "I mean, if you want there to be an us, then yeah.. I'd like that."

"I do want it, I want it a lot," Ashton sighed heavily. "But I don't think it's the best time. We're on the run, Cally. There's a lot of things that could pull us from each other right now. When we settle down, I promise, I'm all yours."

"And I'll be all yours?"

"All mine, baby."

*****

White Gum Motel was the boys' next rest stop. A dainty one, the two beds in their room barely even queens with rock-hard pillows. The TV was so old it had an antenna and the water in the shower was only cold.

The boys stood in the room wondering how this place ever had business.

"Michael, come here for a second, please," Calum called from the closet area, that was semi-hidden from the bed area. "We don't have much money left, we can't keep stopping at motels. Even if they're cheap."

"This will be our last," Michael nodded. "I don't know what we're going to do. God, I'm only seventeen, Cal. This was stupid of me, wasn't it?"

"It was at first," He pursed his lips, pausing. "But now with what Ashton told us, it makes sense. You're protecting yourself and Luke. It'll be okay. We should ask them what we should do next."

"Hey Ash, hey kitten," Michael popped out from the hidden area, Calum close behind him. Luke propped himself up on his elbows and gazed at his boyfriend attentively. Ashton turned from the TV that he was attempting to power on. "We don't have much money left, so we can't keep stopping after a day of driving. Do you guys have any ideas on what we should do?"

"Fly to America."

"What? We can't do that, that's-"

"It's practical. They won't think we've fled the country. They don't think you guys are smart enough to do that," Ashton explained. "I have my passport with me, it's always with me in my wallet."

"I packed M-Mikey's just in case," Luke pointed out. "And mine too."

"I have mine," Calum ran his fingers through his hair. "But where will we go once we get to America? And your car, Michael? And all our bags?"

"We'll drop the car somewhere, clean it out completely, rip off the license plate and smash it - that way they can't track where we've been through tolls. Take a cab to the airport, take whatever bags we need. Start a new life somewhere in America. Rent a cheap place, get jobs. We can make it."

"You're smart, Mike," Ashton stared at him in awe. "That's a good plan."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Michael smiled, a slight sparkle in his eyes. "This adventure is only beginning, boys. Luke, baby?"

"Hm?"

"Do you wanna tell us what to do?"

"M-Me?" Luke choked. "Why me?"

"You be the leader, we'll follow. Go ahead, darling."

"Okay," Luke nodded sheepishly, standing up. "Ashton, pack everything up. Calum, clean out the car. But wear sunglasses and a h-hat, so you're not too distinct. And Mikey and I will check the flight information to - where are we going?"

"The Big Apple," Calum suggested and the others nodded eagerly.

"New York it is," Luke grinned. "Okay, b-break!"

Michael took his baby's hand and they sat down to look up flight information, kissing Luke on the lips hard and whispering how proud he was of him. Ashton gathered all the clothes and food and Calum headed out to clean the car.

The real adventure was beginning.

Notes

Holla at ya girl who is updating like fire these days

Idk what that says ^^^ lmao

Jordan x

Edited July 2019