21

A/N: It's been 3 years since I first saw One Direction and wow I miss it so much. I'm also so incredibly proud of them.

*****

When Michael rolled out of bed, he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. He thought he was dreaming.

"Luke," He nudged his boyfriend, pointing to the other double bed. "Do you see that too?"

"Yeah," Luke nodded. "That's so cute."

Calum laid center of the bed, snoring softly, and Ashton laid curled under his arm, head resting on his chest. They were at peace. "Cute?" Michael snorted. "Calum needs to be careful. Ashton could be lying."

"I d-don't think he's lying," Luke shrugged, cowering. He hated it when Michael got snippy. "He seems pretty h-honest."

"What do you know, Luke?"

Luke rolled his eyes, fed up with Mike's crappy attitude. "I know a lot, a-actually. I've been hurt like that, I k-know he's telling the truth."

"Okay Luke," Michael said, throwing the clothes on the floor into a suitcase and zipping it up. "Can you stop just standing there? We have to get out of here as soon as the lovebirds wake up."

"You're being rude.."

Michael just sighs and takes a step towards Luke, grabbing his hands and pressing soft kisses to his knuckles. "I'm sorry, Lukey. I don't mean to be. I'm just stressed out."

"Yeah, well I am too," Luke huffed, ripping his hands from Michael's grip. "I'm going to go pack."

*****

"Does everyone have anything?" Michael asked, looking in the rearview mirror at the giggling Calum and Ashton. "Calum! Did you even hear me?"

"N-No," Calum stuttered, a bit scared. "I'm sorry, we were just talking and -"

"Never mind, it's your fault if you've forgotten anything," Michael grumbled. "Luke, do you have everything?"

Luke just nods. 

"Oh so you're going to ignore me now? I didn't even do anything!" Michael raises his voice. "You always get mad at me for the dumbest shit!"

"Michael, stop," Calum said from the backseat, but he knew it wouldn't work.

Michael slapped the steering wheel, causing everyone in the car to jump. "God damnit Calum! You always take his side! It's not your relationship so just back the fuck off! Don't you have poor Ash to worry about?"

"It might not be my relationship, but if it was, I'd treat him a hell of a lot better than you do," Calum retorted. "Anyone would treat him better! You don't deserve him, Michael."

"You better watch your fucking mouth, Hood."

"Yeah? And what are you going to do about it, Clifford?"

"Both of you just shut the hell up!" Luke screamed. It surprised everyone, including the youngest boy himself. "Michael, just drive."

"Good idea," Ashton agreed, holding onto Calum's hand tightly.

"No one asked for your input, Ashton," Michael clicked his tongue.

"Michael, I said shut the hell up and drive," Luke crossed his arms over his chest, beginning to get increasingly frustrated with his boyfriend. "You need to calm down."

"I can't drive," Michael replied, his hands shaking. "I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack if I drive."

"Calum, you drive," Luke announced, hopping out of the car and to Michael's side, where he helped him out. "Ashton, get in the front. We'll take the back for now." 

The boys were all set to go now, really this time, and Calum pulled out of the motel parking lot and back onto the highway. They did not notice the black SUV that trailed behind.

Notes

ShortShortShort

No double update tonight, I'm off my game. Sorry loves 

Sorry for all the dialogue in this one

Thank you 

Jordan x

Edited July 2019