31

A/N: This is a direct continuation of last chapter. Sam Smith was incredible. Love you babes x

*****

"I d-didn't?" Michael slowly said. Luke shook his head frantically. "Fuck.. fuck! Shit shit shit."

"Mikey -"

"What are we going to do, Luke? If I'm not responsible enough to use protection, how am I going to raise a child?"

"Michael!" Luke raised his voice to get the older boy's attention. "It's okay- I'll just pick up some emergency contraception tomorrow. No baby."

*****

Two weeks later, after constant morning sickness, bloating, and uncontrollable hormones - everyone in the apartment knew there was indeed going to be a baby.

Michael, however - refused to believe Luke was pregnant and constantly snapped on him when he would complain about feeling ill. To say the least, he was back to his cocky, arrogant, asshole self.

"M-Mikey, we need to talk.." Luke said quietly, tugging on his boyfriend's sleeve and leading him to the bedroom. "I think I need to see a d-doctor."

"What?" Michael spat. "No, you don't. You're fine. It's just the flu."

"Michael.. I went o-online and,"

"I know what you're going to say and it's not right - you're not pregnant."

"I took pregnancy tests, they came out positive. I think I'm pregnant," Luke whispered. "Cal and Ash think so, t-too. Can you please accept the fact that I m-might be? And come with me to the doctor.. p-please.."

Michael huffed and sat down on the bed. "Okay, I'll go to the doctor with you. But if it turns out you are pregnant, you'll have the baby, but we're giving it up for adoption."

"What? No! Absolutely not!"

"I'm the baby's father, and I make the decisions. We're putting it up for adoption."

Luke's hand instinctively flew to his stomach, gripping it. "I'm carrying the damn baby and if I want to keep him or her, I will. You don't have to be in the child's life if you don't want to be." With that, he left the room, leaving Michael to wallow in his distress.

"He said what?" Calum furrowed his eyebrows. Ashton crossed his arms over his chest, angered.

"He basically demanded me to give the baby up for adoption once I have him or her," Luke explained, trying to control his falling tears. It wasn't working, so Calum pulled him into his chest and held him close.

"Michael is just being Michael, Lukey," Ashton sighed, rubbing circles in the younger boy's back, in attempt to calm him down. "We all know how he gets under pressure. But you're keeping the baby, and like you told him, he doesn't have to be here if he doesn't want to be."

"But I want him to b-be," Luke sniffled. "I don't care how much of an asshole he's acting l-like, I don't want my baby to grow up with only one d-dad.."

"Even if your baby only has one dad," Calum said. "He'll have an amazing dad and two rad as fuck uncles. Doesn't that sound nice, too?"

"It does," Luke smiled sadly and hiccuped. "Thank you guys. I don't know what I'd do w-without you."

*****

It was the day of the appointment and Michael drove, holding Luke's hand across the center console to calm his nerves.

"Mr. Hemmings?" A woman poked her head out from the hallway door. Luke stood up immediately, heading over with Michael following behind. "I'm sorry, sir - who are you?"

"Er, his boyfriend," Michael answered. The lady nodded politely, guiding them to the first room on the right.

"The doctor will be here shortly. Please change into this hospital gown, but keep your undergarments on." She handed Luke the paper gown and left the room.

"Don't look," Luke told Michael, who just chuckled.

"Babe, I've seen you naked before. It's okay."

"But I look awful!"

"No, kitten, you're beautiful. Now change before the doctor gets here."

Ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door and the doctor entered. It was a woman, maybe in her thirties, with brown hair down to her shoulders and soft green eyes.

"Hello, you must be Luke, I'm Dr. Chester. Can you tell me why you're here today?"

"I, um, I think I'm pregnant and I would like to see if you could.. validate that."

"I can," She nodded. "I'm guessing you must be the father then?" She looked at Michael and he confirmed with a quiet yes. "Alright, I'm going to do an ultrasound. Please lift your gown up and be prepared - the gel is quite cold."

*****

(A/N: Sorry I suck at doctor/hospital scenes ok bye)

The boys slipped into the car seats, each opening their mouths at the same time.

"Michael, I know you didn't want this baby - but I'm keeping it and if you don't want to be in his or her life, it's okay-"

"Luke, I'm so sorry, I acted like such a jerk. I can't wait to be a dad, our baby is going to be so beautiful, I will be here for you every step of the way-"

"Wait, what?" Luke nearly screamed. "You w-want the baby?"

"I do, I really do want the baby, baby," Michael laughed nervously, taking Luke's hands in his own. "I am so sorry for how I acted, I was so immature. I was just scared, but now I know we'll be okay. You and this baby are the best things that have ever happened to me."

"Oh my gosh," Luke cried, tears falling from his eyes. "I love you so, so, so much, Michael."

Notes

Michael has such crazy mood swings, idek anymore

This chapter kinda sucks ngl

ANYWAYS ok 2 things

1. THIS IS JULIE mukecorner AND JULIE HAS JUST PUBLISHED A NEW MUKE FANFICTION ENTITLED HIGH. And let me just tell you, it is fantastic, and you should go check it out. She also has several other works that deserve some reads and some votes! She's a babe, and I love her. And y'all should too ;D

2. I hit 300 followers !!! I'm so happy and that's so incredible, I never thought 300 people would want to hear what I have to say :') I want to give you guys some kind of reward for that, so comment what you think I should do [Editing this in 2019 and now I have over 1k followers I'm-]

Also I've already picked out the name & gender of the baby;)

OK BABES I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

Jordan x

Edited July 2019