Chapter 2

Rihan and Suhani met in college when they were 17-18ish... We all were. Me – that is Ishika, Suhani, Vishwa, Rihan and Yash. That was our team.

For the first three months, Rihan and Suhani were friends. They started dating after that. There was no drama. We all knew they liked each other the moment they met. It was just a matter of time. And ever since, the two had been together.

People did not have any doubt regarding the fact that they will end up married. That was also a matter of time. They were that strong together. If they fight, they made up in a day or two. More than heat or sparks they had trust and understanding and something real. But they were so much in love too. Especially in college days.

We could see the cuteness between them.

There was no way that the two will break up for good.

But when I dropped down at the table in the pub, Rihan was a mess. He was drinking and it looked like he cried a lot. And I realised that this was not a prank.

"You actually came?" Rihan looked up.

I sat down beside him. "You... Su...hani called me..." I could not make sense of things now. "Is it true?" I asked him. "Did she..."

He just gave a cynical smile.

"What exactly happened?"

He shook his head and took a sip of his vodka. "I want to get a bit drunk today. So, you stay here... I can't drive." He sounded a bit drunk. And then he sat back... "To think of it... I have nowhere to go! Where is my house now???"

Rihan and Suhani had moved in together. They lived together for the past three years.

I still could not make sense of the situation. Suhani said she cheated on Rihan. But...she is not that type. She never will. I am sure all this is some huge misunderstanding.

My mobile rang again. Suhani calling. "Did you find him?" She asked before I could talk.

"Yeah," I said. "He is here."

Rihan looked up. He understood. He grabbed my phone from my hands and cut the call and put it on the table. And sighed.

"She is worried about you," I said.

He just laughed.

"Listen. As you guys' best friend, I need to know what happened?"

He looked up at me. "Ask her." He said.

"She said she cheated on you. But that does not make sense."

"Right?" he asked turning to me. "It does not make sense, right?" And he laughed and set his head down on the table.

Ah... Did Vishwa need to go to that business thing at this time? He should have been here. Rihan needs a guy friend. I am clumsy and idiotic, and I don't know what to do, what to say, and how to be a good friend in this situation.

So, I just watched him drink, knowing that he is lightweight when it comes to alcohol tolerance.

Chapter 2.5

Even when I am asleep, I can feel her presence. She is in the kitchen. Probably burning the breakfast.

But even then

As usual, humming a tune...

Her back turned to me, her long wavy hair falling to her mid-waist...

For some seconds, the word has not ended...

I open my eyes.

I can see her...

And then my eyes focused.