Chapter 4

Rihan shifted to a hotel for now. (He was  originally from Indor and he could not return to his parents' house and keep his job here.)

A week later we – Rihan, Vishwa and I met for dinner and drinks., Vishwa was all worked up and sad.

"Can't believe, yaar. Can't believe..." He kept saying.

Rihan was a different person now. Not the playful and fun Rihan that I know. This one was sad. His smiles did not reach his eyes. He looked so lost. He still tried to smile at our jokes.

"And you saw the guy, did you, Ishi?" Vishwa turned to me.

"Yeah..." Turns out it is the same guy from that morning.

"How is he?" Vishwa asked.

"What do you mean how is he?" I asked.

"Handsome? Not handsome? Hot or not?"

"Why does it matter?" We both turned on him in unison.

"No, I was wondering if he is better looking than Rihan. I mean... Why else would she?" He turned to Rihan. "Or... is it like?"

"Like what?" He asked back.

"Like..." He gave him a wary look and said, "You are bad in... You know?"

"Bad in what?"

"Sex..." he hissed.

I took the water bottle on the table and banged it on Vishwa's head. "Oow..." he turned to me rubbing his head. Rihan did not need this right now. But I could see a doubt cross his face. "What was that for?" Vishwa growled at me.

"You needed that," I said. "And if it was bad... why would she stay with him for 13 years?"

"But even if Rihan is not bad at it, the other guy could be better?"

I scowled at Vishwa. Rihan looked like he wanted to pee or vomit. He clearly needed help in shutting Vishwa up. "You mind about your sex life than his." I snapped at Vishwa.

"You mind your own sex life, Ms Virgin Mary."

I scowl. "I am not a virgin." I sipped my drink. "Though I admit that it has been a while," I add a bit embarrassed.

"A while?" he asks me. "A while is when you count in months. Not in years. Or decades." I scowled again.

"Guys... I think I will just leave." Rihan got up. "I have a PPT to prepare for tomorrow's meeting also. So..." He began to leave, but I caught his shirt. "Apologise," I growled to Vishwa.

"Rihan, Bro... I was only joking..."

"It's fine," Rihan said. "Catch you guys later. Bye Ishi..." Then he was gone. Vishwa turned to me "I was just joking."

"Yeah, nice appropriate joke for the situation." I can't believe him. Vishwa looked guilty for a second. But then he turned to me, "By the way, who did you have sex with? You did not even date anyone ever." Vishwa yelled.

"You don't have to date to have sex," I said.

"That's true." He shrugs. "But how come we have never heard any juicy details. When was this and who was it?"

"I am not telling you," I said.

"Oh... come on!" He yelled.

I shook my head. "My privacy."

"It is someone I know!"

"How do you arrive at that?"

"Why else you will have a problem in telling me?"

Hm... point.

I silently sipped my beer.

"It was someone from college," I said. It was so long ago. Sometimes I wish I could just forget. But people just don't forget their first times.

"Someone from college?? Who?"

I shook my head, smiled and drank my beer. It was fun seeing him get worked up over this.

"Come on... I will show you the picture of the girl I am chatting these days with if you tell me who it was." Vishwa said taking out his phone.

"Tinder?" I asked.

"Yeah. But we passed Tinder now. We exchanged phone numbers and all. And met her twice. She is so cute... I have been waiting to break the news. But then... the epic break-up happened."

"Show, show..." I moved closer.

He took the girl's Instagram. "Her name is Vainavi Kapoor. Isn't she cute?" She was cute. "And we like totally matches too. I think it may work out."

"Why don't I get good people like this on Tinder?" I said, remembering my 45-year-old bald guy.

"Since when are you on Tinder?"

"Ah... Long story..."

"Show me your profile?"

I took my phone out and logged in to Tinder. Vishwa snatched it from my hands. "What kind of photos are these?" He was scrolling through my unflattering photos. "You look like a guy in this one." He stopped at one where I was wearing a pair of jeans and shirt with my hands in my pocket.

"People said I will look cute in short hair." I touched my chin-length hair with lighter highlights.

"Yeah. But you have flat boobs." Vishwa said. I smacked him.

"Don't you have better photos?" He asked me. "Any sexy pout selfies?". I snatched the phone from him. "No. And thanks for reminding me that I am ugly. I will die single."

"Bro, I never said that you are ugly." Vishwa suddenly said, looking very sad. I was so touched and felt guilty to have accused him. "Grow a beard and a moustache and you will look very handsome." He added.

Yeah. What was I expecting?

At least the 45-year-old guy wanted to sleep with me.

Chapter 4.5

A memory...

"Was it good?" I ask shyly.

She nods and covers her face with her hands.