Chapter 27

The next day, I got a fever. High fever. I could barely get up from bed. But I did not want to call Rihan. So, I called Vishwa.

"Fever?" He asked.

"Yeah," My throat hurt too.

"Call Rihan. Where is he?"

"I don't want to call him."

"Okay... I will do something. Come over or something. Wait."

I waited for a while. I got a text message from Vishwa. That said – 'Apparently Suhani also has a fever.'

Oh!

Next message. 'I called Rihan and told him that both you and Suhani has high fever. Let's see."

Then there is an urgent calling bell sound. Not once, but it rang thrice. I struggled to get out of bed. I was really sick. The calling bell rang in urgency again. I opened the door for Rihan.

"Heard you have a fever." He stepped in and touched my forehead. "Shit! It's burning up. Did you take medicine?"

"Yeah."

"Did you eat something?"

"I ate bread."

"Only bread? I will make something for you." He pushed in...

"Rihan." I caught his hand. He turned around. I need to do this. If he lingers longer, the longer he stays... the more painful it will be for me when he leaves. "Go to her. She has fever too."

He looked at me for a while.

"You really want me to go to her?" He asked.

I nodded. "Better now than later," I said. "Go... Just... Go... It will happen eventually anyway. So... Leave now."

"Fine." He said, a bit in anger... "If that is what you want." And walked off. And I reassured myself that this was for the good. This should be ideal.

Chapter 27.5

I was thinking all the way...

I ring the bell.

Suhani opened the door.

She looked like she cried a lot.

"Vishwa said you have a fever," I said.

She hugged me all of a sudden.

"Rihan... I am sorry. Please come back to me."

I wanted to go back

I imagined going back

Living with her...

And then...

I knew what I actually should do