Chapter 13

8 years back

I was dancing. It was Suhani's elder sister's wedding. And I was having fun. I wore a sari to the wedding. And a sleeveless blouse. My hair was a bit longer now, so I tied it in a knot with a flower. I knew I looked hot. And I knew Yash's eyes were on me.

Some of Suhani's male cousins came closer to me, and I danced with them. I saw Yash's hand tighten over the glass he was holding.

I was coming back from the washroom when Yash came and took me by my hand and pulled me into an empty room in the venue.

He pinned me against the wall. It was some sort of a storage house. And there was only a dim light from a yellow bulb. I tried to walk away. But Yash forced me back to the wall. I struggled with him, a game, just a game that we have.

"Stop trying to make me jealous." He hissed.

"Who is trying to make you jealous? I was just having fun... And I am a free single woman... I can dance with anyone."

"Oh... Yeah..."

"Yeah," I looked into his eyes.

And then he kissed me. I melted...

This is what we do. This was our routine... "You look so hot today," he growled against my neck. His hand pressed to my naked stomach. "Shit, Ishu, you drive me so mad."

I gave a small giggle. He backed off... "You enjoy this. Don't you?" he asked. Yes. Yes, I do. I enjoy driving him mad.

After our breakup, we hooked up seven times. Seven times like this. I drive him mad. He pulled me somewhere... we have sex. Wild, awesome sex. And then... for some days maybe things may be normal. But then... either he or I snap... We fight. We break up. Then again... the same cycle.

He moved the outer side of his fingers through my belly. I shivered. He bent down and licked my collar bone, I grabbed him closer... "Condom," I whispered.

"I have it in my wallet." He said, pulling at my saree. "Have to carry it around because of someone." I chuckled.

And we broke up the next day.

And this game went on.

7 years back.

"I am going to get married." I declared to the friends. Everybody looked up. Yash had his eyebrow raised. "Amma and Achan want me to get married to this guy. I mean, they are not forcing me or anything. They just want me to consider it. And he seems like a nice guy."

"You are 23," Rihan said to me.

"So?"

"You are practically a guy," Vishwa said.

"I am not." I scowled.

"You are mental," Suhani said.

"Come on guys... Show some support."

"Is she really serious?" Suhani asked Rihan.

"The question is not that are you actually going to get married," Vishwa said. "The question is if that guy is willing to get married to you. And if yes, what is wrong with him."

I threw a pillow at him. And it started raining outside. "Oh, Fuck... How are we supposed to go?" He looks at others. We were at Yash's house.