7~That darn special girl

I finally dose of after hours of silent crying. It's now morning, I have a hard time opening my eyes as they are still red and sore from crying all last night. I get dressed effortlessly as I can't bring my self to even think about caring of my appearance. I'm just mentally tired. My face is a hot mess all thanks to my eyes it looks like I haven't slept for days because of the redness.

After trying to get my self ready for the day, I head downstairs to see if my body will force something down, although I can't even think about eating either. I see that the kitchen is empty so I enter, I just decide to make some crumpets because I'm not even hungry. Then Derrick comes threw and says "morning princess, how are you feeling?"
"Tired and Derrick, thank you for caring" I pass him a light smile. "It's not a problem I'm always here"

Derrick makes his breakfast and goes with my same choice, crumpets. He sits down on the table with me. While he's scoffing down his crumpets I silently sit and stare at mine, as soon as I pick up the food to eat I look at the door to see Adam and Cade entering the kitchen.

Oh great.

"Hey dickface" Adam says to Derrick with a smirk then looks over at me "Oh morning kitten, hey what's up with your eyes they look red?" He says as he steals one of Derricks crumpets shoving it in his mouth. Cade then looks over at me after Adams question, I quickly look away. "Hey!!! That was my crumpet!!" Derrick raises his voice a little.
"Jeez Chill out you weasel, just make another one" Adam rolls his eyes. Derrick just scoffs at his comment. I then place my uneaten crumpets on the side and walk quickly out of the room.

~~

"What's up with her?" Adam says. "She didn't even touch her crumpets" Derrick sighs. "Oh and why don't you ask Cade" Derrick adds looking at Cade, he then walks out the room.
"Why's everyone acting so weird this morning"Adam says, his voice muffled as he's still eating crumpets.

Cade's POV~

I woke up this morning and left my room after dressing my self, then I met Adam and we went downstairs to make breakfast. "Morning Boss" Adam yawns. I nod and pat his shoulder in response.

We walk in the kitchen and the first person I see is Derrick, I then notice Kelly at the opposite end of the table, I only took a glimpse for a second not even seeing her face properly. I try not to make eye contact. I can't look at her after what I said last night, the guilt I feel is unreal, she didn't deserve that.

I haven't felt this guilty since my pet fish died when I was 6, i just can't feel remorse for anyone or anything, but Kelly, she changed that and I don't like it. She doesn't know the reason I said those things is because I felt different around her I felt the need to keep her safe all the time, to hear her voice, to look at her cute face. I haven't felt that way about a woman before. I mean I've had my whores but I never gained feelings for them. Ever.

I've only known her a short amount of time but she makes me feel some type of way I can't explain it. But it's not me to develop feelings for someone, I just can't. And I also can't put her in danger with my work it's too dangerous. And most importantly I can't have feelings for the daughter of my worst nemesis. I didn't mean anything I said to her yesterday it broke my heart into pieces for the first time, just seeing a tear fall down her cheek, I couldn't look her in the eyes. If only she new the impact she's having on me. She probably thinks I hate her after what I said but that is not true. I can not stress enough how much I can't have romantic feelings for someone it will interfere with my job as a mafia, but she's making that extremely hard for me. She's made me feel this way so fast it shocks me. I've had women bow at my knees for me without me asking. They would throw themselves at me, although I am used to it. And it's never a woman I've wanted,
But if it was Kelly I don't think I could resist.
I've known some women years and couldn't even think about having any kind of relationship with them, but Kelly, what? I've known her for literally the shortest amount of time and she's already making me feel.. different.

Then Adam points out her red swollen eyes that I hadn't noticed before. She looks so sorrowful and sad. Then I new I had made her cry to the point her eyes look dreadful. My heart sinks and I'm full of remorse. I don't know why, I've killed and hurt many people and not felt a single drop of regret or guilt, why all this over a girl? I can't believe I made her feel that way. Then she gets up and walks out of the room. I don't know what to do with my self. I hurt her, I hurt that darn special girl. What is wrong with me?

I'm so filled with regret that I decide to go speak to her about what I did I can't just leave her like that. I'm guessing she's in her bedroom, I make my way up the stairs and I arrive I front of her bedroom door and I already know she's in there, I can hear her small sobs from out here. Oh god the lump in my throat is getting bigger and bigger. I did this. But why is she crying so much.. over me?

Kelly's POV~

I run back to my room once again and begin to cry just seeing his face was the edge for me. I can't hold it together I can't stop crying. Then the sound of knocking appears at my door again, I presume it's Derrick but I open the door and gasp when Cade's stood there with a face of complete guilt. I stand and stare at him not knowing how to react or what to say. Last time he spoke to me he called me useless and pretty much told me to get out his office.

"Kelly" Cade says softly. I say nothing and look to the ground. He sighs with guilt "Kelly, I'm so sorry" he says. I look up with my red puffy eyes a little widened, not expecting an apology from him. I open my mouth as to say something but then it closes again, not knowing what to say. "I really am, Kelly, I didn't mean to make you so upset"

I finally have the guts to speak, "It's fine, you made it pretty clear that you don't want to talk to me, so you can l-leave now, s-sir" my confidence to speak runs out near the end of sentence as I start to stutter out my words.

"No Kelly" he steps closer to me. "I said those things because I didn't want you to be near me the only reason being is because I didn't want there to be a chance of putting you in danger with my job, I am sorry"
He can't admit to her or him self he thinks he may have romantic feelings for her. I mean what else could the feelings he's having be?

"B-but you told me I'm a-annoying and useless" I cry slightly, looking to the floor again.

"I know and for that, again, I really am sorry, Kelly. I didn't mean a single word of it" he says genuinely.

I can't resist his charms. His voice is so comforting it's almost like he's compelling me.
What is this man doing to me!?

It takes me a while to reply to his genuine apology then I finally speak out, "I-it's okay, I guess"

The look on his face shows he is now more content and comfortable. I didn't want to give into him so easily but his handsome face and soft voice makes that extremely hard.

"Thank you, kelly" he gives me the slightest little smile after speaking and it makes my heart jump. "You look so much cuter when you smile" I say, only just realising I said that out loud. SHIT SHIT SHIT! I gasp at my own words. "Fuck" I mumble "I am so sorry" I say shyly and shocked.

His cheeks redden slightly, which is a sight I haven't seen before, he also has a look of confusion. "Uh it's.. it's okay, Kelly"
I smile awkwardly. "Well I better get going" he says.

"B-bye"

"Oh and Kelly.."

"Hm?"

"Thanks for the compliment" he winks and walks away.

Oh. My. Days. As if I just said that- to his face!
But.. he winked at me which is something I openly admit to wanting to see again..