3

The sky was slowly getting darker as I made my way to the double doors, book in hand. The book is still a mystery to me, but it feels right. I grabbed the large handel and pried the door open.

Why hadn't anyone robbed or broken into this place? I thought. Probably since no one knows it exists since it is in the middle of nowhere, duh.

The afternoon sun sparkled into the large windows, lighting up the room. As I stepped in, the rococo style of architecture was clear. It was beautiful.

The dark high ceilings with gold trim stood out, the beautiful shiny floor. Despite the beauty, the room was covered in a layer of dust. Somehow, I found this even more beautiful.

I slowly stepped into the hall, the door shutting behind me. Somehow, the room felt even colder than before. I admired the halls, but then I felt it.

It wasn't a physical feeling, more of a mental awareness. The book was beckoning me.

I flipped open its hard, old, pages. Nothing changed in the book, I only saw the same strange symbols. The feeling rushed through me again, my hands moved for me. I saw the pages flip before me, and I stopped at a page.

In the upper corner, I saw a list of symbols. All in black faded ink, but just visible.

A triangle

A square

A lightning bolt

And a key

What did this mean? I looked up, and I found it. A triangle carved into the beautiful wall, pointing to a hallway.

My feet started to move, I need to find what these symbols mean. I picked up my pace and turned and faced the hallway, a ballroom. The massive silver and gold ballroom had an even more massive staircase. At the top of that staircase, had beautiful double doors with square door knobs.

"Gotcha" I said, sprinting to the base of the stairs, dust flaring behind me. My shoes clenched up the marble stairs as I finally reached the top.

Gasping, I grabbed the doorknob and yanked the door open. I looked around. "Lightning bolt, lightning bolt, where is the lightning bolt?" Multiple hallways lay in front of me, which to go down. The left corner of my eye caught it. The lightning bolt was carved into the left, smallest hallway.

It was definitely the smallest, but still bigger than my entire house. My feet carried me as I turned the coroner, and I saw it. The key was carved above the doorframe of the center door, the door was covered with expensive designs and looked more beautiful than anything else I've seen in the house.

I took the steps to the door, as I pulled it open. A gold and red bedroom lay in front of me.

"This must be the sleeping chamber of a member of the royal family." My voice echoed around the room. For some reason, being in this room made me feel content. I began to explore, "whoever lived here must have been one of the richest people in france". I ran my fingers along the wall, distracted by the beautiful pieces of furniture.

I felt my fingers bump the brim of something, looking to the wall I saw six massive paintings, so realistic it was scary. The sixs boys wore white and a large red tapestry laid behind them. They looked like models. I observed the boys, but stopped. The last one- he was magnificent.

As if the house wasn't pretty enough, this boy was absolutely perfect

As if the house wasn't pretty enough, this boy was absolutely perfect. His dark hair parted the most beautiful way. His eyes staring at me. Even down to the way his beautiful lips parted. I wanted to touch them.

My free hand did just that, it raised to brush the outline of his perfect face

Then, I fell in....