8

Being in this new decade, I had no concept of time. Sadly, clocks were not invented yet. Based on looking out my window, I could tell it was an hour or two until the sun would begin to set. Just as I started to relax into my new space, a knock came from my door. I sighed as I stood, and opened the wooden door.

"Oh wow, we really do have a new hire. This is quite weird timing."The brunette boy was tall, and I mean really tall. "My names Beomgyu, I'm Jungwons gentleman-in-waiting. I attend to everything he needs and am on his beck and call. Amalya told me you'll be helping out with the princes, particularly Jake, so she can help with preparations. I will teach you the basics of the princes themselves." He said.

I followed him through hallways until we were standing at the doorway of sometype of old-time conference room. A group of old men were talking to one of the princes, I recognized him as Ni-Ki.

"This is Prince Ni-Ki, he might be young but he is one of the most formidable princes around. He is sweet at first, but he can be brutal." Beomgyu pointed at a boy standing text to him. "Thats his gentleman-in-waiting Taehyun, he does all of Ni-Ki's dirty work. Neither of them are afraid to get their hands dirty. Now come."

Beomgyu quickly walked off and I had to run to catch up with him. Why is he telling me all this? Before I could ask, we stopped at another room.

"Prince Sunoo and his gentleman-in-waiting Hueiningkai. The two of them seem to be sweet, but I have a feeling they can be brutal. A truly sweet prince doesn't exist."

The next room we went to, stood him.

"Prince Jake, the ruler of the kingdom you currently reside in. He is-"
"Ah, Sir Beomgyu and Sir Sunghoon." Jake said as I straightened. Beomgyu stepped into a deep bow and I followed.

"Prince Jake, you know you ought to not use such formalities with mere gentleman-in-waiting." Beomgyu said.

"I see no problem with it. Are you showing the new hire around?" Jake asked, eyeing me up and down.

"Precisely prince, I'm showing him everything and after that will be preparing him to help escorte ladies in for the courting ball."
"Escort?" I asked him.

Jake laughed. "Yes, all the gentlemen-in-waiting help with the princesses and ladies of other kingdoms. It is quite common for an unmarried lady to court one of the royal assistant if they can't get a royal themself. You might just get lucky." Jake said.

I didn't know how to react. How do you tell someone from the 1700's that you are a raging homosexual? I can't exactly scream at the top of my lungs I like dudes can I?

I swallowed. "Okay."